Sunday, August 26, 2012

Scrapbook Sunday - Baby Book...

Hello dear readers! I hope you're having a good weekend... ours is busy. But, seems they will be for awhile, so might as well embrace it, right?

I hope you brought a comfy chair and a warm drink with you, because holy cow do I have a lot of photos for you today... it's a little bit of a different Scrapbook Sunday for you today!


A few years ago, I made a baby book for a woman who's sister was pregnant with her second child. A few months ago, the sister tracked me down and asked if I would help her return the favour by creating another book. How could I say no, especially when Crate Paper had *just* released their new baby lines?


You don't have to convince me to buy up the entire collections. I decided to create a pocket style book using glassine bags (5x7) and my binding tool. Then I just embellished each page and took it from there.



The first page is devoted to the new arrival and all the details surrounding that. In the pocket created by the cover, I have included an index card for the new parents to record baby's birth story, and in the pocket to the right, there is an insert that I created on my computer to record the baby's details (height, weight, hair colours, etc.)

But of course, Crate Paper had that covered, too:



From there, the pages are devoted to each month of the baby's first year. The left side serves as a title page, and the right includes a spot for the new parents to slide in a photo from that month.



Then, each month's pocket included an insert to record the important information from that month.


I tried to keep things fairly gender neutral, and I really hope my customer agrees that I have achieved that!







The new wooden cut outs from Crate are *adorable*. I tried to resist them, but thank goodness they won.





















I included a tab on each page to indicate the month, for easy reference when flipping through the book - I thought this might come in handy down the road when Mum flips through the book to reminisce. And yes, I said Mum, because I have yet to see my hubby thumb through our girls' baby books!


When it was all said and done, this is one fat book... only to grow more fat and more fun when momentos are collected and added as the year goes by (in a blink).



Whew! Did you make it through all those photos?

Thanks so much for your visit... I am so glad I've been able to keep posting for the time being - it's definitely a relaxing break from reality these days.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Pin It

8 comments:

Elena said...

Wow! This is the most beautiful baby book!

Maureen said...

I do have a big coffee this Sunday morning! What a treat to read through this. LOVE each and every sweet page :) What a work of (he)art. Those wood elements are too irresistable...can see why you had to get them.

Sarah Martina said...

Be still my heart! I haven't shopped for paper in ages and Lord knows I need this collection right now... Could this be any more adorable???

Geri said...

Oh, my, Meredith! This is too adorable and perfect! Glanced at it yesterday, but knew I needed more time to soak it in! Those wooden cut outs are cute and add so much! And I love those sweet little tabs! All the pretty layers and the delicate bags...what a gift!!! (And lucky you to have a good excuse to get to play with all those yummy new products!!) It just couldn't be one bit sweeter than the way you have made it!

Kate said...

This baby book is gorgeous! I love all the embellies and colors!
Kate

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hi Meredith. Welcome to the PP DT! Love your blog, but WOW!! I really love this little baby book! Nicely done. Have a blessed week. Melisa

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Oh my WORD! What a work of art! Each and every page is full of beautiful details!! What a treat for the eyes!

Mrs. Crafty Adams said...

I absolutely love this baby book - I'm saving it for inspiration!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...