Saturday, August 25, 2012

Life is Sweet...


Hello dear friends!

It's already time for another Papertrey Ink Blog Hop, can you believe it? And can you believe that this month's hop revolves around Autumn? I can't... maybe because we've only have 20 minutes of summer around these parts?


Here is the blurb from Nichole's blog for this month's hop:

This month's inspiration is all about autumn patterns, textures & textiles.  Think warm & cozy woolens, houndstooth, tweed, burlap, felt, corduroy. herringbone and even argyle.  You can create your own custom patterns & textures with stamps or impression plates.  Or you can incorporate actual fabrics, felt, yarn and other textiles in a creative way. 

I knew almost right away what I wanted to go for...


Because I picked up my Sweet Life stamp recently, I wanted to play with it. And when the Hop description mentioned custom patterns and impression plate textures, I knew how to make these stamps work for me!

I decided to create a pattern that was reminiscent of fabric I could picture being used as an autumn table runner or quilt, and use my impression plates to add rustic textures. For me, Autumn = Rustic.


I stamped the roses using Harvest Gold and Kraft inks, stamping the Gold off once for my initial layer on my larger blooms. For the teeny ones, I just used the base layer stamp, and the detail stamp.

Thanks so much for stopping in on me! Enjoy the rest of your hop!

Pin It

30 comments:

Elena said...

wow, Meredith! I'm love everything about this card - the color combo, the impressed backgrounds, the fantastic bow... amazing!

Leigh said...

Super pretty card, Meredith! I love the colours you chose and how you used the Sweet Life set!

Linda Monroe said...

Love your card. The pins add a nice touch and I love the mix of yellow and brown.

A Crafty Person said...

Beautiful card! I like the rich colors.

Maureen said...

oh, my...that texture is just delicious AND love the colours on the flowers...I'm collecting combos for this set...I love the dimension it creates :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Meredith. The flowers and textures are awesome.

Nancy said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love all the texture and beautiful details!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Meredith, the roses are lovely.

Rhonda said...

Love the soft feel in front of the wood grain. Lovely card Meredith.

Angela Fehr said...

This is beautiful, Meredith! Love the texture.

Sonya said...

Love your card. So pretty. Classic and contemporary at rhe same time.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

This is so goreous and inspiring! WOW! Love your blog...glad I found ya! :-)

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

This is so goreous and inspiring! WOW! Love your blog...glad I found ya! :-)

pamela said...

WOW! Pretttyyy!! I love the colors you used for the roses!

Geri said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Meredith!! Love how you've used the different impression plates...the warm colors...your background stamping...and your roses!!!...They are layered PERFECTLY! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Jill Norwood said...

This is so beautiful! Love the embossing over the background stamping! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Tonya Jastad said...

Very pretty Meredith! Love the colors and all the details. Great job!

bjmartin said...

I love the Sweet Life used "rustically" - awesome job!

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful card! Love how you were able to achieve the "look" of material with stamping and embossing - so lovely.

Joyce said...

This is just stunning. I love how you used those roses as background and as focal point.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Simply Gorgeous! This could be framed and hung on a wall.

Lisa Johnson said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous!

Paula Laird said...

So pretty! Love the different impression plates you used and the softness the ribbon adds.

Kelly Griglione said...

mmmm ... all your layers work so well together! Fantastic mixing of the woodgrain and canvas texture (not to mention the ribbon, button, thread).

Traci Nachtrab said...

Gorgeous! Great job.

Lynn Put said...

This is gorgeous! Love your pretty roses and the detail of the bow with pins!

WinterBerry Glen said...

Your card hit it out of the park for me! Everything is just top notch!!!

Teresa said...

So,so pretty! Love the textures and the background that you created.

Audrey Pettit said...

This is beautiful!!!

Pauline said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...