Sunday, August 12, 2012

Friend...

Hello lovelies!

Did you have a good weekend? Mine zipped by! Always the way though. We *finally* got the finishing touches on the bathroom renovation... I tell you - it was going like a breeze until it didn't. Do you know what I mean? And it's always the *simplest* things that take the longest and seem to complicate things. But it's done, and we love how it turned out. I'll show you pictures soon, I promise!

I have a card to share with you before I miss the deadline for this week's Timeless Tuesday at Flourishes. This week my friend Heather is hosting, and she's drawn up a great sketch - so I knew I had to find a few minutes in my busy weekend to play along!


And I wanted to colour up these strawberries before the summer is over! I *love* fresh strawberries in the summer, and the ones we got from our local farm this year were the absolute best strawberries I have ever tasted... Luckily we bought nearly 60 pounds of them to enjoy all winter!


I used a white gel pen to highlight my little seeds, and I tell you, it made all the difference! Just a little tip for my colouring friends out there... I am not sure how well you can see the detail of the berries in my photo, but I made sure to colour the smaller ones with more green and yellow than red, since they wouldn't be fully ripe yet at the size that they are. I thought back to the few berries we grew ourselves (Well, it's Emma's plant, so really, she grew them!), and remembered what they looked like when they were tiny.

Here's a close up of my colouring:


Thanks so much for visiting me! I hope you're having a wonderful start to your week... I might be in and out this week as we get ready for Emma's birthday party, but I promise to stay in touch! *wink*

Pin It

6 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful card Meredith! Those strawberries look delicious - lovely colouring btw ;)

Elena said...

your coloring is fantastic! And I can't wait to see photos of the new bathroom and Emma's party :) Have fun!

Heather Jensen said...

Delicious Meredith! Love the perfectly colored strawberries and beautiful bow. It sounds like you will be eating strawberries for a long time. LOL :)

Hugs~

Amanda said...

Oh how Beautiful!! I love how you colored your berries in! Your card looks fabulously amazing!! I love it! :)

Thank you for playing along with us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

~ Amanda :)

Geri said...

Oh, I just love it! And I love your coloring and the way you highlighted those seeds...and the unripened berries...you're a clever girl!! It's a beauty! (And your watermark...how exciting!)

ChristineCreations said...

Just gorgeous Meredith! Yummy rich coloring. Great layout too! Wonderful to see another Canadian at Flourishes :) !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...