Thursday, August 9, 2012

Festive Friday - This is a Time Of Love & Cheer...

Happy Friday, my friends! This has been a *super* quick week, where has it gone?! Don't the summer days always go by in a blink, though?

It's Friday, so as is my (mostly) usual fashion, I have a Christmas card to share with you. I spent an entire day earlier in the week creating - can you believe it - 50 Christmas cards! I sat down the night before to count out how many cards I needed for my own purposes, to see where that left my stash for cards to sell. Um, yeah. Even though I have what most would say is an impressive stash (I say that because the few who have seen it have all cocked an eyebrow and said "ALL of those are just Christmas cards?"), I actually didn't even have enough to cover my own list, let alone have any left over to sell!


So I sat with my sketchbook, drew up  a variety of pretty simple and easy to execute designs (read: quick), then spent the entire day on Tuesday creating at least 6 of each style. When I mass produce like that, things go nice and fast for me.


That put a huge dent in our need for more simple, clean designs, and now it's on to doing the same thing with some more dressed up cards. It's so satisfying at the end of the day to look at a nice full box of freshly made cards!

This one uses Mendhi Medallion from Papertrey Ink, which isn't a Christmas set, but I thought with a holiday colour scheme it worked pretty well!

Thanks for stopping in on me - I am so glad you took a minute to visit! Have a wonderful Friday, and an even better weekend!

Pin It

6 comments:

Geri said...

Oh, I think it worked wonderfully, too! Love this! And aren't we productive...good for you with your card stash!! (Love the way the sentiment works on this card!)

Leigh said...

Very pretty, Meredith! I love how you take non-Christmas stamps and make Christmas cards with them!

Jill W. said...

I am a recent suscriber and have to say that I LOVE your creations. This one is awesome! Hats off to you for starting your Christmas cards early! Love how you "thought outside the box" on using the medallions. What a festive, beautiful card!

Deanna Jean said...

What a great way to use this set. I would have never thought of this. Love it.

ruth S said...

Great job on getting so many cards made!! I'm impressed you managed to rustle up so many - I will have to follow your lead and try to get caught up with my own Christmassy makes (I'm way behind!)
Rx

Gina said...

Meredith, I am woefully behind on my blog reading so I missed this when you first posted it. I love the Mehndi Medallion in the traditional Christmas colors!!! So, so pretty!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...