Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Because of You...

Hey friends!

I am pretty excited about the card I have to show you today... I wanted to create something using stuff from my scrap bin - it's becoming really overloaded! - and the sunburst craze that's taking over the paper world popped into my head. Wouldn't it be fun to make the two work together?



And the best part was - it actually worked! It took some thinking, and a couple of mishaps, but finally I managed to work out a template that I could trace over and over to cut out my scraps and assemble. I just attached them to my cardstock, and when it was all done, I trimmed the edges, which left me with this:


Most of the papers are from a few different Crate Paper lines, but a couple are from Pebbles and American Crafts, too. I just picked papers with similar colours, and took it from there!

I did hold on to my cardstock template, so you might see this design again, who knows? *wink*

Thanks for popping by!

Pin It

9 comments:

Laura B. said...

So pretty!

Geri said...

absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Elena said...

ADORE. My fave card of the week :)

Emma said...

Love it, very striking.

Leigh said...

Perfect!

June K said...

Love it. So pretty.

Jen Adcock said...

Wow! Magnificent!

Luanne said...

How fun! Hope to see that template too... It's fabulous!

Ruth S said...

Gosh this is a great card and I love that it's come from scraps - what a great way to use them up!
I would love to see your template too... I tried making one of these sunburst cards and had to relegate it to the recycling bin (what a mess!) Rx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...