Tuesday, August 14, 2012

4...

This past weekend, we celebrated the fourth birthday of Emma's little friend, who we've known since her mother and I did our prenatal classes together. I can't believe 4 years has passed since we met each others' bellies, and I can't wrap my head around the fact that these kids are old enough for backpacks, lunch boxes and preschool!



I tried my hand at a youthful card again... I don't know if it's me, or my supplies; maybe a little bit of both... but I know for sure that "kid" cards are not my comfort zone! I will keep trying, though, as my girls are sure to keep making friends, which I am sure means we'll keep going to birthday parties! *wink*


I got some new goodies last week, so I put those to work making this card... the Stamp-A-Faire set from Papertrey Ink is so *so* perfect. I also picked up the number dies, finally, because I thought they'd help me with these kid style cards... I do think it did! I stamped my tag with the new "Crackled" set (love!), and then I stamped my '4' die cut with the tiny woodgrain image from the BB: Farm and Barn set. Basically, if there was a surface to stamp on this card, I stamped it!

Here is a close up of my background stmaping:


A little embossing always makes things pretty, doesn't it?

So that's all I have for you today, and I am so glad you took a second to pop in and see me! Our week has been so full of party prep... I keep meaning to take pictures of the invitations so I can share those with you before the party, but so far I just haven't managed. I'll try my hardest for tomorrow! *wink*

Pin It

5 comments:

Elena said...

love this card! the texture on the background mat is perfection.

Emma said...

So pretty, love how you used the impression plate on your background.

Geri said...

Wow, it's a pretty card!! I think kids LOVE seeing their special 'number' (age) or even their name on a card in pretty/girl colors or cute/boy colors and they're thrilled! Your background stamping in these beautiful colors is really beautiful! That set looks really nice as a background since the images are not as solid! I just love it, and am sure she did too!!

Luanne said...

Meridith, this is just SO pretty!! Love it!

Teresa said...

So Beautiful!I love the background that you created, and the IP is just perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...