Thursday, July 26, 2012

With the Compliments of the Season to You...

Hey friends!

I know it's only Thursday, and I know that this is a Christmas card, and those usually come on Fridays, but don't you worry - I have something else for Festive Friday tomorrow! I used this week's sketch from Waltzingmouse to create a holiday card, and I wanted to make sure I shared it in time to link up!


Shirley and I are participating in a Christmas Craft Sale this year (you know that by now, likely!), and I want to build more of a card collection for that (and my growing mailing list!). So I decided to use this week's sketch and create something red and green!


You know how I love the Big Blooms: Poinsettia set, so I got that out, along with Musical Backgrounds and stamped my own patterned paper. Remember the vintage trim I told you about yesterday? The triangular trim is another layer, which I promised to share with you. I love that I can get so many different elements out of one piece of trim!

Here is a close up of my pattern:


Another one for the pile... we are a little behind with our projects for the sale, so wish me luck that we get back on track! *wink*

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Pin It

12 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a beautiful Christmas card...lovely colors and fantastic design elements. Thanks so much for playing along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week.

Jeanne J said...

OMG That background paper is amazing! Love the colors and that you used not only the poinsettias, but the music notes too. So pretty! Who needs to buy paper when you can make something as pretty as this. Just brilliant!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Lovely, fresh, fun and happy, and great use of stamps, well done and thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers again this week!

Kelly S. said...

WOW, Meredith! Such a stunning Christmas card! LOVE that background with the combo of poinsettias and musical background, sooo pretty! Your embellishing is spot on, TOO!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
And nothing wrong with Christmas is July...
I'm already itching to pull out the Holiday sets myself! :)
A stunning background...
and I just die over that lace...
what a find!!
So glad you could play along with us this week at WMSC!! :)

Geri said...

Yes, I know how you love this set...and it shows because you always use it so well!! It all looks beautiful together. Now, did you stamp the music also? It makes such a pretty subtle background!! Still lovin that trim...I've got to go to my little shop in town and see if one of the vendors has brought in anything new (well...new OLD stuff!) Love it!!

Vickie Z said...

Love poinsettias and leaves stamped on the musical background!! Fabulous card!

Kate said...

What a lovely card. I agree with Jeanne who needs pretty papers when you can make your own - plus it then co-ordinates with your focal image. Love the way the music background peeks through the foliage.

Heather Jensen said...

This is so pretty! You are the QUEEN of background stamping. :)

Hugs~

June K said...

Meredith, I love your card. I think the background is so rich and pretty.

Jeanne J said...

Congrats on your win at WMSC you Top Mouse!!

Anne-Elise said...

Congratulations Meredith! The background of your card is just gorgeous! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...