Friday, July 13, 2012

Turn Your Face to the Sun...

I can't believe it's Friday already... another week has flown by. It always happens in the summer, the flowers barely start to blossom, and then all of a sudden it's August. Am I alone?

I am joining in with Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week - it's been a couple of weeks again! I feel like I've been so busy, but don't ask me doing what... so I haven't been doing challenges as often lately, which I really miss. 


This week, the challenge was to make a sentiment the focus of your card. I decided to use my Sunflowers set, and create an encouraging card for my old boss... he is such a kind man, and was so good to me when I worked for his company - and we found out earlier in the year he has been diagnosed with cancer. I found out last week that it has taken a turn for the worst, unfortunately. I wanted to make sure he knew we were thinking of him!



I used this week's sketch from Retro Sketches, and tried to make it a fairly masculine card! But of course, in true Meredith style, I am too late to link up!

My hubby and I are off for a mini-getaway weekend to Seattle. We're going with a couple of friends, and I don't have a clue what's in the plans, other than Cheesecake Factory! *YUM*!

Have a wonderful weekend! I'll be back on Sunday with a Scrapbook Sunday post (can you believe it?), so pop back for that!

Pin It

5 comments:

Heather Jensen said...

So glad you had time to join us. This is so pretty. I always love your background stamping. :)

Hugs~

Leigh said...

Gorgeous card, Meredith! I love it!

Patti J said...

Such a beautiful card! That background stamping is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Timeless Tuesday!

Emma said...

What a beautiful card, love that colour combo.

Pauline said...

Another beauty! Love the sentiment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...