Tuesday, July 17, 2012

True Friends...

Hey guys!

I am happy to say that I have a pretty big backlog of projects to share with you, so this blog should stay pretty busy for awhile! I won't lie - my One Set Wednesday posts have kind of gone to the wayside for now - I hope to start doing those again someday, because I know they were popular with you, my dear readers...  Lately, I've been loving just sitting and tinkering when I have a minute to craft.

Today, I have a card to share with you that I made that was inspired by this post from Melissa Phillips - she talked of her love of chipboard and how she distresses it. Those elements are some of my favourites from Melissa, so I really wanted to try her techniques for myself.



I kept my card simple, because my chipboard keys were on the large side, and I wanted them to shine. I also thought the sentiment was perfect with the idea of old skeleton keys.


These keys were just plain, virgin chipboard, and I painted, sanded and inked them to make them look like they've been here, there and everywhere. Every time I heard Melissa mention all these steps I thought 'That takes too long', but I have to say, it really didn't!

So that's it from me today - thanks so much for popping in on me!

Pin It

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oooo...cutie, cutie! I am in LOVE with this card. So very shabby, subtle, and elegant.
Melis

Luanne said...

Fabulous! Love the clean look and those marvelous keys. :-)

Pauline said...

Fab texture, and a cool technique, beautiful sentiment too!

Geri said...

Ooooo...I like it, I like it!! Actually...I LOVE it! Love the simplicity and balance of it!

Emma said...

Love this card, absolutely gorgeous!

Leigh said...

Oooh, fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...