Sunday, July 22, 2012

Scrapbook Sunday - You Make Me Laugh...

Happy Sunday my friends! As you read this, I will be packing up the tent, wrapping up my girls' first camping trip! Here's hoping we've had fun, and it wasn't a nightmare... at this point, I feel it could go either way.

Since it's Sunday, I have a layout to share with you for Scrapbook Sunday! I think I told you way back when about how one of our dear neighbours passed away about a year and a half ago, and her husband found out I was a scrapper/cardmaker. He let Shirley and I clean out her craft room, and take anything we wanted - so generous!



She collected patterned paper worse (better?) than I do (I didn't know that was possible)... and in her collection were these super vivid, bright and graphic papers from American Crafts - no idea how old they are, but when I knew I wanted to scrap this picture of Josie, I remembered them and figured they would work well with her bright summer dress!


This is from last summer... I can't believe how this girl has changed so much! She has beautiful, ringleted curls now, which is such a contrast from that adorable little bald head!

I wanted to make sure I tied in all those bright colours - and since all my embellishments really lean towards girly and shabby, they didn't really do the trick. So I customized a flower that is also from American Crafts (recent impulse buy at my LSS), and then created a few others to go with it using my dies and some scraps.



I also picked up these cute tiny chevron bags to add some journalling tags to - lately it seems like I am really into hiding my journalling!



I created my own tag, again from scraps, and told the story of my layout...


I tell you, this child is her father's CLONE. They are two of a kind. The irony? She is *such* a mumma's girl! She'll tolerate her dad when she must (ha!), but if she can be attached to me, that's where you'll find her! But she sure is a funny one, and so SO clever - which I know will only cause me trouble to come! *wink*

Thanks so much for stopping in, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Pin It

3 comments:

Geri said...

So, SO sweet!! Can't wait to hear about this trip!!

Pauline said...

A lovely post Meredith, so nice of your neighbour to gift you these papers. I'm sure he will love the fact that you are making such beautiful use of them, and it's a great memory to keep of your little girl, and a tribute to your neighbour too.

Leigh said...

Fabulous layout, Meredith! I especially love the jounaling tag in the glassine bag!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...