Wednesday, July 25, 2012

PTI Blog Hop - Happy Birthday...

Happy Wednesday friends! It's the 25th of the month (uh, where did July go?), and that means it's time for the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!



This month, Nichole posted a colour challenge, inspired by a beautiful photo. We were encouraged to use florals along with the palette, as well. Here is our inspiration board:

{photo credit}

Is that beautiful, or what? But here's the catch.... I literally only have one of those colours in my PTI arsenal. And at that, I only have the inkpad - no cardstock, ribbons, etc... I am still slowly collecting PTI colours, since I've got so much from other manufacturers! No worries, a few more of these are in my latest order, currently finding it's way to me!

In the meantime...


It wasn't an option for me to skip the hop - I loved the inspiration far too much to pass it up! So I did the next best thing to PTI products, and used patterned paper that followed the colour story pretty closely!


Pretty close, right? I know there isn't a lot of PTI going on here - but I literally had 30 minutes and no supplies to put this one together, so this is where I landed! *wink*

Here is a close up of the embellishment on my bow... the flower was trimmed from one of the vintage laces I found in that tiny little shop in Seattle a couple of weeks ago. It's this beautiful, 4 inch wide trim... and it's perfect for cutting apart and using as different elements - I have another card coming your way in a day or two, and I'll show you what I mean!


Thank you so much for stopping by - enjoy the rest of your hop!

Pin It

25 comments:

Kara said...

beautiful layers and textures on here!!:)

Luanne said...

So pretty! It's full of wonderful,lovely details! Love it!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Hi Meredith! I LOVE your card!! Think it's fabulous!

Geri said...

It is so soft and pretty no matter what inks and papers you had to use!! I didn't have the right inks either and my PTI floral stamps are old, but you're right...the inspiration was too pretty to pass up! I love this!! That trim was quite a find, if I didn't say it before...it's hard to find it with larger flowers like that to trim out! Such a pretty creation, my dear!!

Laura B. said...

Beautiful card!

craftmates said...

Beautiful card! Love the bow embellishment! - Irma

andie librandi. said...

This is soooo pretty! You did great finding colors in your stash to match! Love it!

Leigh said...

This is beautiful, Meredith! I love using patterned paper on my projects!

laughadaisy said...

Beautiful card, Meredith. ;-) I love the patterned papers you found and that lovely lace and ribbon. And that flower - fabulous! Love it. ;-)

Tracey McNeely said...

Really gorgeous Meredith.

Elena said...

I love those papers :). Beautiful card - i love all the layering!

Teresa said...

I think you did a fabulous job pulling this off, and in 30 minutes,wow!!

Jacquie Southas said...

you pulled together a great card!

artful-notions said...

Beautiful card, so soft and pretty. The flower accent is perfect.

Renee said...

You pulled it together fabulously!
LOVE that lace flower and bow...
and the papers are a perfect mix!!:)

Kelly Griglione said...

Yummy, love the stripe paper on the bottom! And vintage elements are THE BEST to use on your card (I just always have a hard time using them!)

amber said...

so, first, i LOVE your blog title...so fun! :) and your card is so soft and has such beautiful details!

samantha's cards said...

this is so pretty.

carefree creations said...

Beautiful card! Love the way you used the same pattern on the sentiment label as well as sentiment panel - very cool effect. And your button accent is just adorable!

Kristii said...

Meredith, you never cease to amaze me!!! I love all the layers and the soft embellishments are perfect!!

angelabranon said...

How pretty. All those elements work so well together.

Cassie_lu said...

so soft and pretty. I really like how you created your sentiment and that lace flower is just too cute

victoria h said...

great use of pp's and love the embellishment

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Lovely! Beautiful layers and layout.

nancy jane said...

Beautiful card, Meredith. I really like how you sandwiched the bold dots between the two soft papers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...