Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Birthday...

Hey guys! I don't know how I managed it, but this week I played along with Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday! I love all of them, but don't always manage to participate in time. This one, however, I couldn't resist!



This week is the "Roll the Die" challenge set out by Erin Lincoln. What an awesome way to get your creativity flowing, and quickly, too!

Here's what I rolled:

Horizontal orientation of sketch number 6, using Birthday Basics and Iconic Images stamp sets. I also had to use the colour scheme of yellow, cream and kraft, plus include lace.

And here's how I put it all together:



Here is a close up that shows my stamped background - hard to tell, but I used two shades of yellow ink, and stamped off the Kraft before stamping it onto my paper.


If you follow me on Facebook, you saw me mention some of the old, vintage trims I found in a tiny second hand shop while away in Seattle last weekend... the crocheted trim above is some of that - I almost think it's handmade, which is *so* beautiful. The little crocheted flower at the top of my sentiment is cut from another piece of trim I found.

If you haven't played along with this challenge, you really should - it's a lot of fun, and this is one of the quickest cards I've created in a long time!

Pin It

3 comments:

Elena said...

really pretty! I love the sketch horizontally - and love the background you create :)

Geri said...

Awww...I should have played, too...it does sound fun! Love the way this turned out, and love those pretty trims you found!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card, that lace is stunning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...