Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy Birthday...

Hello my friends!

I'm just settling back in after a weekend away in Seattle and Bellevue with my hubby and some friends. Laundry's washing, bags are mostly unpacked (even with only 2 nights away, I don't feel like unpacking all at once), and the kids are tucked in their own beds. I am *so* missing the Cheesecake Factory!



I can't get enough of my Movers & Shakers: Sentiments set from Papertrey... I've been using it on pretty much everything lately, it seems!

This card is pretty bright for me... I am always drawn to these bright, graphic patterns, and then I get them home and go "um... hmm..." because I like things pretty vintage and shabby. But you know, sometimes trying to put those two things together can be pretty fun!


A little distressing, some inking... I think it looks pretty good! I made this for a friend's birthday, and took it to her last Friday over waffles for breakfast - ask me how fast 2 toddlers can make those disappear!

To make the embellishment on my bow, I used a circle punch to cut out one of the flowers on my patterned paper, and used an epoxy sticker to make it look like a brad. Neat, right?



So that's it from me today... I have a few things to share in the next while, and something pretty exciting coming your way... not sure exactly when yet, but I can't wait to share it with you when it's time!

Pin It

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Fabulous card, Meredith! I love the bright & cheerful colours and how you stamped the sentiment with two different colours of ink!

Elena said...

love the epoxy bubble :) And also: mmmm.... cheesecake factory....

Geri said...

Well, I love it and I'll bet she will love those bold beautiful colors, too!! Love your little button/brad! It tops it off so sweetly!!

Pauline said...

Very pretty Meredith, I love the patterned papers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...