Friday, July 27, 2012

Festive Friday - Vintage Santa...

Happy Friday!

It's Friday, so I am sharing a Christmas card with you - Festive Friday! I know it's only July, but I am actually starting to kick my holiday prep into high gear... mostly because of the craft sale we're participating in, but still... there's a lot of red and green on my craft desk right now!

This week, the Timeless Tuesday challenge at Flourishes is "Christmas in July"... you know I couldn't resist that theme!


I have loved this vintage santa ornament image since I got this set last year, and finally saw the opportunity to use it. It's just *so* beautiful!


I also stamped the greenery behind the focal point to create a patterned paper. Lots of distress inks helped with the effect as well!

But, then it was time to colour the parts of the ornament that would typically be left silver if this were a real ornament... and to be honest, I didn't trust my Copic skills on this small an area to convey that effectively. So what's a girl to do? Why, get out the glitter, of course!


Unfortunately, my photographic skills seem to come to a screeching halt when it comes to effectively capturing the beauty of the glitter!

So there's some Christmas in your July... thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!

Pin It

2 comments:

Geri said...

Oooo...this is so pretty Meredith! Your coloring of that Santa REALLY makes him look like the ornament he is...and your background stamping of the greenery and the distress inks are a perfect little home for him! This is just so nicely done...I love it!! (And the thought of Christmas and cooler temps in the middle of our heat and drought is a sweet thought indeed!) Beautiful!!

Heather Jensen said...

This is fabulous girl! I love the branches stamped on the background. Your shading on Santa is amazing. :)

Hugs~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...