Monday, June 4, 2012

Welcome, Baby...

This week, Waltzingmouse is celebrating their 100th sketch challenge. There are lots of fun things happening to celebrate, so if you haven't already, you really should check it out. This is one of my favourite challenges, and I hardly ever manage to play along (though I do sometimes use the sketches weeks later!), but I couldn't miss this one!



My friend Sarah, who just so happens to design for WMS, just gave birth to a brand new baby boy... which means it's time to get a card in the mail! I hope she's too busy with diapers and feeding to read this post before the card reaches her... *wink*



I used my new Crate Paper goodies, which are pretty feminine looking, until you dig through... I love how it turned out! I would have loved to layer the goods on, but it *does* have to fit through the mail slot, so I held myself back...

I hope to be back tomorrow with pictures from Josie's birthday party, so pop back in!

Pin It

13 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

LOVE IT! Shabby chic colourful fabulousness.

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Meredith! Love these muted blues for a little baby boy, and your distressed edges are beautiful, lovely and shabby without too much girly lol! Perfect baby card!

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, luv the distressing!

enjoy *~*

Elena said...

Love all the texture - it's so sweet!!

Leigh said...

Beautiful card, Meredith! I love the distressed edges and all of the layering!

Jill said...

Those papers *are* pretty fabulous, Meredith, and suit this baby boy card so well! I, too, love your distressing, and that lined-paper heart border just steals my heart! :-)

Marybeth said...

Very pretty and I love the distressed edges. Sweet baby colors too!

Jeanne J said...

Oh I love all the blue for the new little man! The distressed edges make this a real stand out. I think Sarah will love it!

Kelly S. said...

Sarah will love this special card! The colors are so sweet for a baby boy. Love the distressing and the adorable flower you created from the die cut and rolled felt. Happy 100th sketch! So glad that you could play along this week! :)

Geri said...

Beautiful layers and colors!!

Vickie Z said...

She'll love it...it's wonderful!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Delightful indeed!! Lovely use of layers for this sketch, I love all the stamp choices and the fabby distressing too, well done! Thanks so much for playing along with the Mischief Makers on this special occasion!!

Jean Martin said...

What a beautiful card! This is one of my favorite color combinations! Everything is perfect! Thanks for playing with us on our 100th sketch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...