Saturday, June 23, 2012

Scrapbook Sunday... Sweet Girl

Hey guys!

I am on a real layout kick lately... I am really enjoying working with the larger canvas of a 12x12 piece of cardstock, and I love to see my books filling up! I am so thrilled that Josie's scrapbook is becoming more and more complete; I was really beginning to feel like I'd never catch up, so doing these weekly posts has really served me well!



So, you know me and Crate Paper right? I sat down to make this layout, and I asked Shirley if she thought I could make one without using *any* Crate... she didn't think so. To be fair, neither did I! *wink*



But I dug through my stuff, and decided to pull out the Girls' Paperie stuff that I am hoarding. I really *really* miss this company... I've been hanging on to the things I have, because once they're gone, they're really gone, you know? I am sure you have *no* idea what I am talking about, right?


There's my Josie-girl. She was only about 10 weeks old or so here... that little baby smile makes my heart just swell!



I am completely obsessed with crepe paper these days... I just love the texture and dimension it adds... you'll be seeing it on a few things in the coming weeks, I promise!



You know what else I realized? You can use your most favourite, best stuff on a layout... you know, the stuff you don't want to just 'waste' on a card because the recipient might just throw it out? (Or is that just me?) Well, if you put it on a layout, you get to use it AND you get to keep it!

Thank you so much for popping in! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend... we're having such wishy-washy weather that finding things to do is getting tough... Not sure what the day holds, as the forecast seems to change hourly, but hopefully we'll find something fun!

Pin It

4 comments:

Leah said...

Such a sweet LO! I had that same realization not long ago that I could use my most favorite supplies on my LO's, because like you said, you still get to keep it! Happiness:)

Geri said...

Ooooo, this is one of my faves...so sweet! The crepe paper and doilies add such a soft/delicate feel! VERY pretty!

Linda said...

That photo is adorable and the page you have done suits it so well and the bonus is-you get to keep your favourite papers.

Pauline said...

I saw this page and just went "Aaaaahh!' What a sweetie! Lovely page, and a gorgeous pic of your babe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...