Monday, June 18, 2012

Party...

Well, the sun did not shine completely, but it was at least bright out, so today I managed to snap some photos of the layout I created a few days ago!


I wanted to create a layout using this month's sketch at Once Upon A Sketch... the journalling prompt/theme for the month is "Birthdays". I actually hoped to get a few layouts created using the sketch and the theme, but I am thinking I am going to run right out of time!

I *loved* the sketch as soon as I saw it:


I decided to use a photo of Emma that I took last year for her third birthday - I usually take some portraits of the girls in their birthday outfits (you'll see this year's in a couple of months... stay patient!), so this is one of those.


I used all kinds of Crate Paper goodies, because I wanted to be able to enter this layout in this month's colour challenge over on the CP Blog. The challenge is to use 3 different shades of pink; Lipstick Pink, Barbie Pink and Soft Baby Pink.


I used mainly the Pretty Party line for this one - various elements. I am in *love* with this collection (okay, you know by now that I am in love with ALL the Crate collections!).


The journalling on the right of the photo:



I really love how this layout turned out, so I really hope I manage to do one or two more with this sketch before the month is out!



Thanks for peeking in! I have a sick little girl who (so far) is having a very rough time sleeping tonight, after a pretty rough day of being attached to me *constantly*... I have a feeling it's going to be a long one! Poor thing...

Pin It

7 comments:

Linda said...

Great LO Meredith, love how you have used the twine and just a snippet of washi tape. Hope you manage through the night and that tomorrow is better.

Geri said...

Oh, so sweet, Meredith! Love all those pretty layers and the pinks! Hate to tell you, but it looks like the birthday girl is about to lose the baby face! ;) Hate to hear one of them is not feeling well! Hope it doesn't last long!! Sweet page!!

Eila Sandberg said...

How sweet and adorable this page is! love anything Crate myself and this line is just perfect for scrapping little girls. Love the tags and the sweet little embellies. Great take on the sketch too.

Heather Jensen said...

Beautiful LO. I remember having to wait for daylight to take pictures. I am sooo happy I have a light tent now. :)

Hugs~

Johanna said...

A really cute page!

sandi said...

Oh wow! This is just so pretty, so girly...love it! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

phamil said...

OH this is precious! I love all the little clustered details! Adorable work! Thanks so much for joining us at OUAS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...