Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A New Baby...

Hey guys!

I do have a card to share with you today, but there was definitely interest in my lemonade recipe, so I will post that here first, then get to the crafty stuff!

Homemade Lemonade


8 - 10 Lemons
1 3/4 C Sugar
1 3/4 C Water


Cut peel off 2 of the lemons, and add to a saucepan with sugar and water. Let it boil and leave it for 5 minutes, then turn off. Remove the lemon peels and let cool completely.


Meanwhile, squeeze your lemons to get as much juice as possible (including the two you peeled). You should have at least a cup and a half, to one and three quarter cups. Once the simple syrup has cooled, add the lemon juice through a strainer (to catch the seeds and some of the pulp), and mix together.


When you're ready to serve the lemonade, add a ratio of one part concentrate to 3 parts water. You can adjust this based on your taste and how tart you would like it to be. Another variation is to add perrier or club soda instead of water!


I got this recipe from a friend, who I believe got it from a board at the grocery store - so I really don't know where to credit it. I have adjusted it a little to suit my own needs, however. Enjoy!

Now, onto the paper goods...



A month ago, my friend gave birth to a *beautiful* little girl... I was lucky enough to get to go cuddle my newest little friend just days after she was born... she has been growing like a weed ever since, so I am so glad I got to see her as a teeny tiny newborn!

Anyway, I gave the new parents a bundle of new little pink and purple outfits for Baby Girl, but more importantly, I made a card!



I stamped my own background (you're shocked, I know!), and for some reason, to me, baby equals buttons, so I accented with a couple of button clusters.

That's it for me today! Thanks for popping in on me, and if you have any other questions about the lemonade, let me know!

Pin It

4 comments:

Elena said...

Mmmmm.... lemonade....and that baby card is so cute! of course baby cards need buttons on them ;)

Geri said...

Oh...how sweet and cheery! Love the layered buttons!

Cassie_lu said...

what a sweet card with some soft color choices and the reciepe sounds amazing

Jill said...

Super pretty, with wonderful colors, Meredith! I love the layered, multicolored buttons too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...