Saturday, June 23, 2012

Happy Birthday... and exciting news!

Hey guys! Happy Saturday!

I am so excited to share today's card with you... a couple of weeks ago I was featured in the Top 6 at Card Patterns, one of my favourite sketch challenges... and chosen to be their Guest Designer for today's sketch!


How fun is that?! The sketches are always so fun to work with, and this one is no exception. I knew almost right away when I saw it, just what I wanted to do.



I was so inspired by this post from Melissa Phillips, featuring her Americana project. I *love* the style of Americana, but of course, I am not American. So I wanted to try and create that same feel, but with a Canadian twist, since Canada Day is next weekend!

Here is this week's sketch from Card Patterns:


And here is my attempt at creating Canadiana:


I used the colours of our flag - only muted - and pieced together different patterns. Under the sentiment, you can note the hint of a date: 1867, which is the date of Confederation in Canada.

And you can't create a Canadian project without including a Maple Leaf!



I plan to give this card to my super patriotic hubby for his birthday later in the summer... hopefully he loves it!

Thanks again to Card Patterns for letting me play along this week - I had so much fun hanging out with you!

Pin It

8 comments:

Elena said...

woot! congrats on being guest designer with Card Patterns! love your maple leaf/Canadiana card - Canadians for the win! hee hee.

Geri said...

I think he WILL love it...you're so clever! Great job and congrats, again!

Linda said...

Congratulations Meredith, your card is great I'm sure your husband will love it.

Angela Fehr said...

I love this, Meredith! It's got a wonderful vintage feel which is a nice change from stark red & white!

Carolyne Aarsen said...

Oh Canada! Great card. Love how you worked the two colours and made it come alive. So nice.

SusanLotus said...

Lovely card!

Jill said...

You did it! Wonderful card, Meredith! Perfect for Canada Day!

Leigh said...

Oh, I love the Canadiana! It's great, Meredith!
And congratulations on being asked to be a guest designer-- very well deserved!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...