Friday, June 22, 2012

Festive Friday... A Merry Christmas to You...

Let me just blow the dust off that post title for you...

Yep, I have a holiday card to share, so I am happy to bring you the first Festive Friday post in... um... I don't remember when the last one was, really...



You know how much I love my Big Blooms: Poinsettia set from Waltzingmouse, and today I am sharing a card that I made using this set in a much more conventional way...



Strange photo angle on that one... turns out this is a publication call reject! (See? I totally cheated...)

Anyway, I coloured my bloom, twice, then cut parts of the second one out to layer over the first one for dimension:



I love how simple things like this can make your card look so much more impressive!

That's all I have for you today - I know that isn't the way Festive Friday posts have been in the past, but hey - considering how long it's been since I posted anything for you, I thought you might forgive me!

I have something pretty exciting to share with you tomorrow, so make sure you peek in on me if you have a chance!

Pin It

4 comments:

Geri said...

Beautiful!!! Love the dimension, too! And...I really like that ink...what is it? Smokey Shadow? I need a good charcoal/gray ink...one that I have has a green tint and the other has a purple tint...not happy with either one of those!! Thanks for sharing this lovely reject!!

NickelNook said...

So GORGEOUS, Meredith! I just love your beautiful work! I'm so happy to see you scrapbook as well as make cards! I had to join your blog right away and I can't wait to see more!...Nancy :o)

Pauline said...

Love this Meredith, stunning christmas card! Love it!

Anonymous said...

All this is done without any side effects whatsoever., uk vps hosting. For example, various animated videos while explaining fractions actually show an object being divided into pieces and through voiceovers the logic is explained in simple language. For more detail contact barry@whizkid. how to activex control. Websites are the most popular way to manage the marketing of your business. vpn on linksys wrt54g

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...