Thursday, June 7, 2012

Embrace Happiness...

Happy Friday, Friends! This week has ended on a good note for me... the highlight being a beautiful gift that my wonderful friend Geri sent to me... I've always been amazed by the generosity and support in this little community we crafters have built ourselves, and I feel so lucky to have been the recipient more than once. Geri created a beautiful custom cover for a journal that I am just in awe of... now to decide what purpose is worthy of this journal!



Today, I caught a couple of minutes to create a card for this week's Timeless Tuesday over at Flourishes... it feels like forever since I've managed to play along!

The challenge this week is to create a white card using pearls and/or lace.


I love doing white on white cards, and when I do, I tend to try and incorporate lots of texture and layers to keep it interesting. For the lace, I hope my doily will do, and for pearls, I added some stick pins! I also used this week's sketch from Card Patterns for my inspiration.

I hope I can start playing along more regularly again - I feel things calming down slightly (for now), so maybe I can get back into the swing of challenges again!

Thanks for peeking in here, and have a great weekend!

Pin It

9 comments:

Michelle Bertuzzi said...

Oh Meredith, this is one beautiful & elegant card. Lovin' all the white & very neutral ink color. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns.

Geri said...

Meredith...this is SO very pretty...such a lovely design...I just love it! So glad you got your journal...wish it could have been a little nicer for you but I'm glad you are happy with it! Hope you have a great weekend!!

Leigh said...

Oooh, I love the white on white! So very pretty, Meredith!

Amanda said...

What beautiful perfection!! This is pure and simple, a Stunning card and I love every detail! :) I love that lacy doily and your beautiful ribbons with the pins and button. The stamp set you chose looks beautiful, and it's practically perfect for any card :)

Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

~ Amanda :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply beautiful card Meredith! The white on white on with the stamped image is just perfect! Hugs ~S~

Makiko Jones said...

Super beautiful! Love you stamped the image with the light color. Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Beautiful! I like that the berries are not colored and still stand out. Beautiful card.

Jeanne J said...

Congrats on your win at card patterns. Your card is so elegant and understated! Just beautiful!

JenMarie said...

Gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...