Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Amore...

Hello!

I hope you don't mind such sporatic posting lately. I've been in the craft room lots, but so far it isn't anything I can really share with you! You know how these things go...

But, I have been creating layouts like crazy over the last couple of days, and so I have a few things to share with you for a little while, anyway!



I recently found a new (to me) company called Pretty Little Studio. Have you heard of them? They have the most beautiful, most perfectly vintage goodies - I'll need to order some soon, that's for sure!

So on the PLT blog, they host sketch challenges... I wanted to play along, but I don't have any of their stuff yet - so I hope it's okay that I didn't use any!

Here is the sketch:


I loved how clean it is, and how it leaves the opportunity for a lot of negative space - which is something I am loving these days on my layouts!

Here is my take:


Oh those girls... this is a picture of the first time Emma saw her little sister. Emma was just fascinated by her, and couldn't really put it all together. She wasn't yet two, so everything about the situation was pretty abstract to her.



Because the sketch called for two pictures, I thought I'd slice my picture in half and off set the two sides... I think it works!



The best part is that this picture captures the beginning of a love story - Emma is like my little Partner Mother, and has been ever since Josie was born. When I see this picture, and think back to how Emma was in the delivery room (*after* the hard part, of course - no way she was anywhere near me during the actual labour!), I can clearly remember seeing that bond form almost instantly. It makes my heart swell!

Thanks for peeking in today! I'll have a few things to post for you over the next couple of days, so come back and see me again!

Pin It

3 comments:

Geri said...

Awwwww...makes me wanna cry!! Sweet, SWEET layout! Hey, I don't think I told you...congrats on that gorgeous Card Patterns card win...SO deserving, my dear!

Kristii said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love all the sweet details!! You are amazing!

Leigh said...

Oh, this is so sweet! The photo reminds me of my Jonah meeting his little sister, Sage, for the first time-- he couldn't take his eyes off of her!
I love your take on the sketch, Meredith and the curl you gave to your strips of patterned paper!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...