Friday, May 25, 2012

You're Invited...

I was going to keep these in the vault until after Josie's birthday party, when I share all of the projects I created for it... but since her invitations fit so perfectly with this week's Make it Monday challenge, I couldn't resist!


I love to have a theme when I am planning a party, and I follow it through to every little detail possible.

For the life of me, I couldn't really come up with anything for Josie's second birthday (Just a week away! *gasp* How can this be?)... So it started with a Pinterest search (you know how that goes), and slowly the idea started forming.

I decided to plan a party that had a vintage feel to it... so why not create vintage post cards as the invites?


The back of the card, which I hand-wrote the information on, in the left square, as though writing a message to our friends from a holiday destination. See the "Return to Sender" stamp? I used it to refer to our RSVP information, and jotted our phone number in that space. On the right, where the address would go, I wrote out our guests' names.

And the front:


This is where the MIM challenge to mix patterns comes in... see the patterns on the right of my postcard? I stamped each of them using a couple of different sets (It's a Celebration and Beautiful Blooms II from PTI, and Off Beat Backgrounds from WMS). 

Here's how I knew it would work: Comparable scale in patterns, and the same colours are used to keep everything cohesive. I chose to stamp the plaid to break up the florals (otherwise it would all look the same and super busy), used the florals that compliment my cake image, and flower images that are similar in shape to the first ones, but slightly larger - the same, but different.

I have lots more to share with you from Josie's birthday party, so stay tuned in a couple of weeks - I used lots of the same elements I showed you here, so I am excited to see it all come together!

Pin It

4 comments:

Elena said...

Can't wait to see more!! The invites are so pretty.

Deborah Frings said...

Sweet invitation cards - I do like the postcard idea!

Pauline said...

What a wonderful idea for a birthday theme Meredith!mi love the sweet stamping, and your custom made postcards, what fun invites!

Geri said...

I love your pretty patterns, Meredith! And your colors are so vibrant! The postcard design was a wonderful idea, too...different, and I LOVE it! I remember lots of pix of one of the girls parties when I first started following you...can't wait to see more!! (I'm catching up as we fly over southern US! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...