Thursday, May 3, 2012

Wishing You...

Hey guys! Do you remember me? *wink*

My brother has been visiting from Scotland, so we've been busy with lots of quality bonding time between him and the girls. He's here with his girlfriend who is so lovely, and the girls are so smitten with the two of them. But it means I haven't been near the craft room in at least a week!

However, I have a project to share with you today, and lots to come over the next little while... stuff that I hadn't gotten around to photographing yet, so at least there are some things to share!


I have a friend that I met about 5 years ago on the bus from Edinburgh to Glasgow Airport. I am like that - I make friends everywhere I go. This one happened to stick! She ended up moving to Vancouver to marry her husband, so we've stayed good friends ever since. And now, they're expecting their first baby! I wasn't able to make it to her shower a couple of weeks ago, so today I got to finally give her a shower gift, while we had lunch with my girls.

The baby's sex is a surprise, so I made a card using neutral colours. I also chose to go with non-typical baby patterns just for a change.


The sentiment says "Wishing you all the blessings a new baby brings" - I know it's tough to read in the photo.

I also made a matching tag for the gift box.



The sentiment on the tag was easier to read in real life! Okay, it was still tough - lesson learned in colour choice!



The box is one of the ones you get at Michael's to store photos in, which I use in my girls' rooms to collect momentos; it fit my gift perfectly (I just don't love the typical baby wrapping), and will be handy for the new parents too!









I can't wait to meet the new little one (due in two weeks!), and you know there will be either a pink or blue card coming your way before too long! *wink*

Thanks for stopping by; hopefully it isn't so long between posts again!

Pin It

7 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Meredith, and the box and tag are gorgeous too! I love the way you mix your colours and stamps, and create these lovely backgrounds.
I still have your thank you card you sent me up on my shelf, I look at it every day and wish I could get the same effect! I wanna stamp like you when I grow up ha ha!

Geri said...

LOVE the non-typical!! Very, VERY pretty, Meredith! Sure have missed you!! Glad to know what you've been up to and that it's a 'happy' distraction keeping you away!

Julie Cade said...

Love the color choices! Would you mind sharing what they are? I'm guessing Papertrey Ink products? Thanks!

Leigh said...

A gorgeous tag and wrapped gift, Meredith! I love them both! I love how you use the Happy Day die (one of my favourites!) without the Happy Day stamps.... I need to try this!

Cassi said...

beautiful card and tag, the recipient will LOVE it!

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors. The satin ribbon is perfect.

Ruth S said...

Another stunning card - your stamped backgrounds always have the wow factor ;)
Rx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...