Sunday, May 6, 2012

Together Always...

Hi Friends!

I feel like things are so off-track around here lately... my brother's holiday threw me off for awhile, and now that the weather is getting nicer, there are so many things to do that aren't in the craft room! If my weekly posts (Scrapbook Sunday, One Set Wednesday and Festive Friday) don't get completely back on track for awhile, please forgive me!

Today I have a card to share with you that I had dreamed up and just hoped would come together the way I imagined.


There is something so beautiful about a tone on tone neutral colour scheme. When I think of a wedding dress, I think of shades of cream and white brought to life with texture and accents. I wanted to create that same feel in a wedding card, using soft tones and neutrals, accenting with patterns and layers.


It worked! It's very soft and subtle, and I will admit it's easier to see in real life, but very difficult to photograph! I started with a Kraft base, which was the darkest I wanted to go. I clear embossed the pattern on my cream paper, as well as the frame around my sentiment (can you see it? *wink*). I stamped the sentiment in cream ink, and it turned out exactly as I hoped.

Here is a close up of my embossed background:


I think it turned out pretty close to how I imagined, and I think it's very soft and romantic. I am happy with it!

I heard a rumour we're expecting some spring-like weather around here in the next while, so if I am lucky, we're going plant shopping this week! Cross your fingers for me, okay?

Pin It

4 comments:

Elena said...

This. is. perfect. Love everything about this card! We're crossing our fingers for some warm weather too :)

Ruth S said...

Lovely card Meredith - those subtle tones work beautifully and embossing adds a bit of luxe ;)
Hope you manage to get some plants, Rx

Rhonda said...

Wonderful soft tones Meredith. Hope you get the warmer weather.

Geri said...

Meredith...I DID see this but didn't realize I hadn't stopped to comment...that should be no reflection of how pretty I thought it was...LOVE the elegant look of the soft and subtle patterns and colors. Really beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...