Saturday, May 19, 2012

Scrapbook Sunday... The Best Job

Hey guys!

I was doing the last of the clear out before the painters are in the craft room this week, and I found a few things that I hadn't photographed yet. It turns out, they're all projects I'd worked on for my weekly posts, so I can actually get back on track - for this week at least!

Today is Sunday, so I am bringing you a Scrapbook Sunday post!


This month, Once Upon a Sketch is suggesting we use the journalling subject of "Mum", interpreted how you like. I knew right away what I wanted to do... and I am so glad I managed to get it finished!

Here is the sketch:


And here is my layout:


I used all sorts of odds and ends to put this one together, and it sort of eluded me for awhile, but finally it just sort of came together, and I am really happy with it!

The inspiration for my layout is pretty clear, I think! *Wink* I took this picture of my girls last summer, just when Josie was learning to pinch our noses and say "beep beep!" in her tiny little voice.


I love the way Emma is just as excited as we are when Josie learns something new, and this picture is the epitome of that - she is just giggling like crazy while Josie squeezes her nose!


Every day I feel like I am just *so* lucky to be able to stay home with my girls and raise them. It's hard work, some days seem to never end, and I love the time my hubby and I get to spend alone - there's nothing more peaceful than eating a meal without any distractions and just being able to talk to one another! But I would not trade this job for any paycheque in the world.


When I was growing up, all I wanted in the world was to be a mother. And when my oldest was born, it was like all the pieces finally fell into place and I knew I was doing exactly what I was born to do... How lucky I am to be able to know my calling, and live it every day!

Pin It

8 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Morning Meredith - sorry I've not been by for a while - been a bit busy!!!

I love this layout - the photo is just wonderful and a lovely memory of the girls. I have to agree - being a Mum is the best job!!

Jasmine S said...

Love your interpretation of the challenge and that is a fabulous photo. Thanks for joining in at OUAS :)

Mayol said...

Lovely layout! i like the colors and the splatters (paint? mist?) are my favorite!

Leigh said...

What an adorable photo and fabulous layout, Meredith! I love everything about it!

Geri said...

This is so sweet, Meredith! The photo and your sweet layers...love it!!

Natalie said...

This is such a gorgeous page
Thanks for playing along with Once Upon A Sketch
xxx

Bente Fagerberg said...

What a tribute to motherhood! So swet.
Thanks for playing along at OUAS!

Georgia Heald said...

What a gorgeous layout & photo! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...