Tuesday, May 22, 2012

One Set Wednesday... Simple Sunflower

It's been a long time since I managed a One Set Wednesday post... I think since about early March! I've kind of slowed down on some of my self-imposed challenges, mainly because my card stash is starting to take over. Apparently I am supposed to give these things out?!

But back to today's post... the brief, in case you forget, is that I challenged myself to make at least 3 cards a week using only one set. I also try to create one holiday card with the same set, and the only time I use another set is when the set of the day just can't fulfill my needs.

Today's set is Simple Sunflower by Papertrey Ink. This was a slight impulse buy, since it's only $5... but it gets a lot of ink time around here!


One of my favourite friends just loves sunflowers, so I am always drawn to them. Thing is... today's post is one of only a couple of times I've actually created sunflowers with them!

For my first card, I used the smaller bloom as an accent to my sentiment. I stamped it off once before stamping it onto my label - I love the softer look this gives.


Then I thought I should really use this set to create, you know, *sunflowers*. Crazy notion, I know.


I am pretty sure I saw Nichole Heady make a background with this set, so that's likely where I could credit the idea to. I used the center of the flower to create my polka dot strip too...

And then because I'd done the oh-so-predictable sunflower thing, I thought I'd go way out there...


And make a blue and red flower - something that I can safely bet doesn't exist in nature! I also snuck a scrap in there that I'd stamped plaid onto for Josie's birthday invitations... since it was already stamped, I didn't think it was totally cheating.

And lastly, a Christmas card. You've seen this trick before, so it isn't exactly new, but I do still love it's effect!


Though, now looking at it, I think I want to add rhinestones to the flower center... we'll see if I actually do it, of course!

So that's it from me for now... I'll actually have a Festive Friday post for you too! Stay tuned....

Pin It

7 comments:

Jen Adcock said...

Cool, I actually pulled this set out today too. I love what you have done with it. This is such a magnificent collection of cards. I especially love your color choices in the first one with those big and beautiful polka dots. Scrumptious! They are all pretty darn fab that's for sure. Hat's off to you.

Elena said...

love how you make the image look so different every time :) Gorgeous cards!

Geri said...

Oh, how pretty these all are!! Don't think I could pick a fave but I guess I really do love that pink and brown combo and those huge polka dots!! I guess you would have quite a card stash going. You need place kinda like my dentist's office...10-15 people stuck in an office all day, wishing they didn't need to run and pick up last minute cards on their lunch hour. I don't charge what I should, but at least I'm able to put money back into my supplies, if nothing else, and the cards are being appreciated. Just a thought! So glad to see a OSW from you again...I love seeing the sets used in lots of different ways...you always give me lots of ideas!! Have a great day!!

Annheidel said...

Great cards! I've wanted this set for ages, so I'm definitely popping it in next time I place an order. :)

Heather Jensen said...

They are all fabulous Meredith. Love the pink sunflower. I have this set too and love it. :)

Hugs~

Leigh said...

Super pretty cards, Meredith! I bought this stamp last summer and I'm wondering if I've ever inked it up..... looks like a new challenge for me! LOL! Thanks for the inspiration!

Leigh said...

These are all so pretty, Meredith! I bought this stamp set last summer and now I'm wondering if I've ever inked it up....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...