Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mom...

I have such a fun little thing to share with you today... at least, I think it's fun!

At Christmas, I came up with the best gift idea for the mother-in-law who has absolutely everything she could ever want or need... a Pandora bracelet. Everyone loves a beautiful piece of jewelry, she had really admired the bracelets previously, and the best part: we now know exactly what we're buying her for every birthday, Mother's Day and Christmas to come. Perfect!


So we went and picked out a new bead for Mother's Day, and the lady packaged it all up so lovely in the little Pandora box... but that's so... *done*, you know? I wanted to make something fun to package it up.


Can you guess how I made it? A toilet paper roll! I had one hanging around, because I'd had the idea to create some sort of packaging with it for the last publication call I was working on... but never got to it. Then I saw this post by Melissa Phillips, and knew immediately I had to try it.

Look at the perfect little tag, so there's no doubt who this is for:


I can't wait to make more of them, it looks *so* impressive in real life.

Of course, there must be a card to go with the gift!


I had actually created the card first, and if I am honest, it was for a publication call months ago. But it's exactly all the things Shirley loves, so it was perfect to use for her.


It was just a matter of putting together the right papers to make my little gift coordinate perfectly. They look so lovely together!


Now my hubby keeps cracking jokes about how he has to save all the rolls instead of putting them into recycling, because I keep making him look at this one. I won't lie, I can't wait to make more! Christmas, maybe? These would be perfect money holders, candy holders, or anything teeny that you have to wrap up... the wheels are turning!

Pin It

12 comments:

Elena said...

so beautiful! I saved all of our tp rolls for awhile and made some of those sour-cream-container treat boxes last christmas... but they weren't as pretty as this!

June K said...

Meredith, this packaging is so lovely. And the colors you selected are beautiful. And you just have to recycle and it's free (I think my hubs would like that too). Looking forward to seeing your Christmas gift holders.

Geri said...

Oh, Meredith...these look stunning together...love the colors and the design of both! I loved the TP tube idea, too, and made one from Crate Papers to match a card I already had for my oldest son's favorite teacher's birthday this week. (It was last minute...no time for pictures.) And I think my Middle School aged kids at church are going to make them this Sunday for their moms. They're mostly girls and love bein' crafty--I think they'll think these are fun. Thanks for the inspiration today...absolutely gorgeous!!

Heather Jensen said...

What a fabulous Mother's Day gift. she will love it and the beautiful way you packaged it up for her. :)

Hugs~

carol (krillsister) said...

Gorgeous packaging. Love the lace & tag. Your card is lovely.

Melissa said...

Oh so lovely Meredith! Love the soft, shabby colors and special touches throughout. She will LOVE this!
Melis

Terri said...

Love the packaging! The card is great too. I bet she will love it.

Rhonda said...

What wonderful "packaging" so beautiful Meredith.

pamela said...

Pretty!! I love altering all those gift bags and gift boxes you get from retail stores because you've got the base already, only need to dress it up a bit ♥

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!! I totally love that you used a toilet roll!! What a great idea!

Mad for Paper said...

This is absolutely stunning. I love all the little details on the packaging.
Ang

Pauline said...

Beautiful card for mothers day, I love the lettering, and the pretty papers, and the little treat box is perfect for some little mothers day treats!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...