Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Anniversary Wishes...

I have to laugh...

Lately, I have been posting previous publication call rejects with you, for a few reasons... I'll get to those.

So the other day, I showed you a super girly, frilly, lacy anniversary card, and I mentioned that even though it wasn't picked up, at least I was ahead of the game with a card to give my hubby next year.

You'll never guess what I just found in my photo folder...


Yep! Another anniversary card! And a *way* more appropriate one to give to a boy. I am almost tempted to give him the super girly one anyway, just because it's sort of funny. There's nothing even slightly frilly about my man - he drives a tractor for a living.


I made this way back when, after I saw Betsy Veldman share a technique using sentiment stamps to create a background... I loved it, and you've seen it a lot since then!

So you'll have to forgive the reject posts for awhile... we're about to do a major overhaul on the craft room, starting with painters next week. This week we're packing everything up, and once the painters are finished, we'll be re-vamping with new tables, and some new storage solutions. It will take awhile to get things back together, at which point I'll be back to creating new stuff. In the meantime, I'll keep posting what I have, and Josie's (second!?) birthday is in a couple of weeks, so I will be sharing that too... I promise not to disappear completely!

Pin It

5 comments:

Elena said...

love it! and good luck with all the birthday stuff - can't wait to see pics in a few weeks!!

Geri said...

Well, this is QUITE a cool look! I love the subtle approach to your background sentiments and the one up front is gorgeous! Really pretty! I loved the girly one, too! Forgive me for not getting a comment in on it. That's why I got on this AM--trying to catch up--and saw you had this new one! They're both beautiful! And craft space re-vamping...new storage solutions?!? You lucky girl!! In the mean time, I'll be quite happy with your "rejects"! ;)

Geri said...

Love this look, Meredith! Love the subtle approach to those background sentiments, and the one up front is gorgeous! I really liked the girly one, too! I was getting on to do some catching up on comments when I saw this new one, so forgive me for not commenting on the old one...I did love it! AND...craft room re-vamping???...new storage solutions???...you lucky girl!!! In the mean time, I'll be quite happy with your "rejects" ;)

Geri said...

Oh, why don't I just comment again?!? Google Chrome has been shutting down on me constantly lately as it did yesterday when I left the first comment and it did not appear to go through! I've started to leave several comments for people lately only to be frustrated and give up, and wasn't certain who I had been successful with. Looks like I was PLENTY successful on YOUR blog!!! LOL Have a great day and I'll leave you alone!!!

Deborah Frings said...

A really elegant card - love the panels and subtle text in the background. Great work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...