Thursday, April 5, 2012

True Friends... and some NEWS!

You remember I just got back from my vacation, right? And I am sure you can appreciate that my focus was on catching up with my kiddos, getting the dirty laundry sorted, putting away toiletries... catching up on the PVR, etc...

Finally, at the end of a busy day, I got a minute to check my email. "Some exciting news about a little contest you entered..."

Little contest.. did I put my name in somewhere? Was there a publication call I forgot about? What contest?

Um... only the BIGGEST contest!


I was still on Mexico time, you see.

I knew last fall I wanted to try out for the Paper Crafts Stamping Royalty Contest... but I never imagined I'd be chosen!

I gasped so loud my husband thought someone had died. Really... he thought maybe our friend had miscarried her baby (a month before the due date... seems likely), or something equally morbid. "Don't DO that!" he said... I called him a few names for not immediately recognizing just how HUGE this was.

Maybe the idea of living with a real-live Royal freaks him out?

The next morning, I said to Emma, "I have something pretty cool to tell you"

Bless her, she really loves to get excited to keep me happy.

"Mum entered a stamping contest, and guess what? I WON! So they told me I am going to be a real-life stamping PRINCESS!"

Because in her world, queens are jealous and mean, and want to sell you poison apples.

She really did perk up when she heard her favourite P-Word.

If I am honest, I still can't believe they chose my card... I really and truly didn't think I had a chance!

My card will be posted in an upcoming issue of Paper Crafts, so you can see it then, but in the meantime, I have one to share with you that was supposed to be submitted for the contest.


But then, as I was writing on a sticky note to put on the back of my card (full of product details, etc)... I smudged the front of it with some ink that got on my fingers!

I said a bad word, I won't lie.


Luckily, I took a picture of it before I wrecked it.

Don't worry... I won't let my newfound status go to my head. You don't *always* have to call me 'your Highness', and I won't make you curtsy... but I won't stop you either! *wink*

Pin It

22 comments:

Virginia L. said...

HUGE congrats on your title of Stamping Royalty,Meredith! What a well-deserved honor!

Jessica Wekenman said...

Congrats, Meredith! Very exciting! Your cards are always so gorgeous, I'm not at all suprised!

Ruth S said...

OMG Meredith - I just saw the news on PaperCrafts' facebook - and had to head over straight away..... CONGRATS!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! Fingers (and everything!) crossed, Rxxxx

Laura B. said...

What a great story!! Big congrats to you!!!

Elena said...

amazing news, stamping princess! lol, on why you can't be a stamping "queen" in your house :) I gasp loudly like that all the time - and it freaks my husband out too!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Congrats, Meredith! I just read the post and was so excited to see your name! Way to go, your highness, well deserved indeed! :)

Kathy Mc said...

Meredith, let me just say this doesn't surprise me. Have frequented your blog from seeing you on PTI Forum and can totally understand why your made Royalty. So. very. deserving ~ CONGRATS!
(aka bdlakebum)

Pauline said...

Haha, fab news Meredith! Or should that be Your Highness? Lol! Well done you so deserve it! Wonderful news!

Sarah said...

Big congratulations, Meredith! I'm so happy for you.

Kimberly said...

Meredith - congrats on being named stamping royalty! I can't wait to see the winning card!

Deirdre said...

HUGE congrats on your well deserved win - cannot wait to see what you created. ADORE the one you didn't manage to post! so I can only imagine what the winning card is like. Enjoy your day/win!

Cath said...

Congratulations, Meredith! :)

Angela Fehr said...

Congratulations again, Meredith! I was so thrilled for you when I deciphered your hint on facebook! :)

Anita Recksiedler said...

Congratulations! :> I bet you are more than thrilled! :> I can't wait to see your winning card! And love seeing that a fellow Canadian won!

Geri said...

What wonderful news, Meredith--so SO happy for you!! Can't wait to see the winning creation!!

Helen L said...

CONGRATS!!!! I just found out today, and you so deserve it!!! I'm really happy for you!!

Danielle said...

Congrats, Meredith! So happy to be among such good company :)

Karen B. said...

Congratulations on your stamping royalty! A new found fan here!

Louise said...

I love your yellow flower card. You do such beautiful work. Can you tell me what stamp you used to make the flower? I didn't see any recipe.
Thanks and congrats!

Debstamps said...

Congratulations to you Meredith! Looking forward to seeing your royal style and getting to know your work!

Tonya said...

Congratulations! I have been a fan of your work for awhile and now MANY more people will be able to appreciate it too! Way to go!

Kate W. said...

Pretty darn tootin' awesome and well-deserved (said on bended knee with a bowed head) :) YAY Meredith!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...