Thursday, April 5, 2012

Happy Easter...

Hey guys!

Okay, WOW.

I mean, I know that being a Royal demands a certain level of excitement and all.... but seriously? My inbox was full, my comments were full, there was a ton of love on the PTI forum for my newfound Princess status.

You guys ROCK. No really... I felt incredible all day by all the love that was coming my way!

I still don't think my hubby totally gets just how life-changing and important this is. Maybe when he sees me wearing my tiara (all.the.time, of course) he'll believe it.

I told Shirley today while I was taking photos of my card for this post that probably I am going to need to get a sign that says "Princess At Work".

And by the way - I am sure all the other ladies should be called Queens. I mean, I would totally take that for myself, but Emma did remind me today that while I am still a real-life stamping princess, I was also the evil queen in her make-believe today.

I kid you not, that's what she told me.

Don't worry, I haven't let my newfound fame go to my head...

And look, I have a card to share with you!



I needed to put an Easter card together quick, because I had only managed one before we left for Mexico, and since I have two daughters, I was one short.

Foolishly, I thought "Oh, the Waltzingmouse Sketch is a one-layer one... that should be easy!"

Right, because I have such an easy time *not* piling on the layers and trims.

So of course it took me awhile to put together (which means it took awhile for me to just accept that I couldn't pile stuff on).


So I did kind of cheat, but sketches are supposed to be a jumping off point, and we're allowed to take liberties, are we not? *wink*

If I didn't convince you in this post to buy Big Blooms: Poinsettias, maybe today pushed you? I tell you, this is *such* a versatile set!

I didn't do much of anything for Easter this year, since we were away last week... it's so strange to me that it's here! But I do hope you have a wonderful long weekend, however you spend it, and that the Bunny leaves you at least a little bit of chocolate!

Pin It

8 comments:

Joan B said...

beautiful job. didn't know you are royalty, but it is well deserved!!

Kelly S. said...

Beautiful, Meredith! And congrats on being a queen, so deserved. The soft stamping with the linen impression is so sweet. Love the rounded edge with the little border! Like a sweet spring tablecloth :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is so beautiful and such a great Easter card with your soft pastels and wonderful die cut edge. I love it!

Geri said...

So soft and pretty! Happy Easter to you, too, my friend!

Helen said...

Beautiful card - i love the colours & texture Meredith & congrats on your news too!

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

This is wonderful - love your perfect stamping - so Beautiful!
Thanks for playing with us at wmsc, hugs, Karin

Tyra said...

Congratulations!!!

Super Jen said...

Love your texture and the popped up lace edge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...