Thursday, March 29, 2012

You Are My Sunshine...

Hey friends! I am pretty excited to share today's card with you... it is probably one of my most favourite cards I've ever created. No, really...


So when I first received my assignments as guest designer for the Timeless Tuesday challenges at Flourishes, I came up with all my ideas ahead of time. Then one of the assignments changed, so I had a leftover design to share with you! I *loved* how this one turned out...


Of course, if you don't like it as much as I do, that's okay.. But I have to tell you, I didn't even work hard at my colouring for this one - and look how great those sunflowers look!

Sometimes, while I really do hate it, fussy cutting is *so* worth the time!


I also used one of the images included in the Sunflowers to create my own background:


Okay, hopefully you don't think I am *too* full of hot air... I just loved how the sunflowers turned out when I cut the petals apart.

Thank you so much for indulging me! *wink*

Pin It

6 comments:

Elena said...

It's gorgeous! All of your work In cutting the petals paid off!

Angela Fehr said...

Meredith! This is stunning! I've been wanting to do this with a daisy set I designed and you're just giving me more incentive to try it!

Kate W. said...

Holy macaroni batgirl! This is super hero fantastically awesome! Your fussy cutting was so worth it. This is a piece of art for framing. How did you get the sheen on your paper? Did you use glossy accents or is it just the paper? If it is just the paper, what kind did you use?

Jody said...

Love it! I love flowers, real and stamped, so I've really got to give this a try. Thanks!!

Geri said...

Gorgeous, Meredith! Love how your beautiful fussy cuts look on top of the doily! So dainty, and just plain pretty!!! And your stamped backgrounds always add so much!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Oh I think it is fabby! Those sunflowers are wonderful and your cutting is amazing! Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...