Sunday, March 11, 2012

Scrapbook Sunday... ME

Hey guys! How is your weekend going? Ours is busy as always, but I love it that way. Today I am having lunch with a good friend that I haven't seen since last summer... too long, so I am really looking forward to seeing her! And, since I know you were all wondering... bathing suit shopping went - are you ready for it? - AWESOME! Yeah, I was shocked too... I actually had a hard time choosing between two suits! I've *never* had such a positive experience when shopping for a suit!

Before I get into my post, it's time to post a winner from my Blog Birthday giveaway! The lucky number picked by the Random Number Generator was... (enter drumroll here):

#9 - PAULINE!!

Congratulations Pauline!! I am so excited to send you these goodies! I'll be hitting up the post office early in the week!

So, because it's Sunday, it's time for me to share this week's layout with you!


I had fun with this one... the hard part was figuring out which direction to go with it! I combined 2 challenges for it, and really love the outcome. I used this month's sketch from Once Upon a Sketch, which required us to use the journalling theme "All About Me" along with this month's colour challenge at the Crate Paper Blog.


I find that while I love cards that are really piled on and heavy on the accessories, I like more minimal layouts. Though I do like to put a lot of detail into them, I still enjoy a lot of negative space too.

This picture was taken of my beautiful family when Josie was only 4 months old! It's nearly a year and a half overdue for being scrapped...


I combined goodies from 3 different Crate collections for this one - Emma's Shoppe, Paper Hearts and Peppermint.


I hid my journalling behind my photo in a glassine pouch. I used a tab sticker from Paper Hearts on the end of it.

And here is why this page is all about me...


Thanks for looking! I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend, and I'll be back tomorrow!

Pin It

12 comments:

Ruth S said...

Love your layout Meredith - I love that all the CP collections work so well together. But it is no surprise to me that your page came together so well - your photo and that journaling at the heart... they are to treasure. Rx

Elena said...

you have a beautiful little family, and your page is wonderful! I love the colors you used :)

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Oh, beautiful clean & simple layout!!!I love your hidden journaling!Thanks for sharing it with us at OUAS!

Cassi said...

beautiful layout. your use of mist is perfect here!

Pauline said...

A beautiful layout for a fab pic, and I love your journalling sentiment, such a lovely memory.

Donna said...

You are such a wonderful papercrafter! I love your cards and layouts. Your girls are beautiful treasures. Continue to enjoy your gorgeous family.

phamil said...

Sweet picture and page! Love your color choices and your handwriting is AMAZING!!! Thanks for joining us at OUAS!

Pamela said...

This is fabulous!! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS! :)

Gerry van Gent said...

What an awesome layout!Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS!
~Gerry~

Irini said...

Lovely layout!
Thank so much for playing along with us at Once Upon A...Sketch!
hugz
irini

Geri said...

Catching up on some comments, Mer! I've seen everything, just didn't have time to stop and comment the first time! I love this!! I really like the colors you've chosen...the green looks great with the photo!! Most of all, I love the picture of you and your family! It's wonderful, and so good to see the warm smile of a great blogging friend in the place she loves most...with her hubby and two princesses!! Thanks for sharing--it's wonderful!!

sandi said...

Oh what a sweet lo! Love it. Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...