Tuesday, March 6, 2012

One Set Wednesday... Tag Its #5

Hey guys!!

Thank you all *so* much for your sweet comments on my post yesterday! I am so excited to work with Flourishes this month, and your support and kind words just made my whole day!

It's time for One Set Wednesday - which, in a nutshell, means I am working with only one set for all of the cards I am sharing with you today. The random number generator gave me Papertrey's Tag Its #5 to work with today!


For my first card, I had the idea to stamp my image with watered down ink - I know I saw someone else do this recently, and I really don't remember who it was... so if it was you, please let me know so I can credit you properly!

ETA: Thank you Deanna Jean for letting me know that it was Kara that I copied this idea from!! You can see her original post here, which is definitely worth checking out!


I used this week's sketch from Card Patterns for this one - I love how it turned out! To get the subtle effect with my stamping, I laid some ink down on my craft mat, then, because I was way too lazy to go find water, I used my alcohol spritzer (always on my desk!) to water it down a bit... I found if I just sort of swirled my stamp around in it, then stamped it on my paper, I got the best results.


Next, I decided to try this week's Make it Monday from Papertrey Ink, which is selective die cutting. Just another example of why I love Betsy Veldman so much!


I was also inspired by this month's colour challenge on the Crate Paper blog, which was to use Champagne Peach, Emerald Green and Charcoal. I *LOVE* these colours together... I made this card first, and was tempted to use these colours on everything I made for the rest of the day!


For my last project, I created a tag... I do have a wedding to go to in a few months, and the couple have chosen black and white as their colours, so I thought I'd create something in that theme... I may not even use it, but I still had fun making it!


You can see I selectively inked the flower image for my background pattern, and I also introduced charcoal into the theme because I always do better with three colours than I do with two! I used cream instead of white, just to keep things warmer.

So that's it for me today... make sure you stop by here tomorrow - I have something special up my sleeve!!! Did someone say giveaway...?

Pin It

10 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Lovely projects - I think this series of posts is just great - so many ideas and they are all beautiful!

Elena said...

They are all fantastic, but I adore the softness of that first card - beautiful work, as always!

Beate said...

Wow! Meredith, you have a lot of gorgeousness for share with us today. The cards and the tags are beautiful.
Hugs and smiles

Suzanne Russell said...

Wow! I love all three of your projects! The partial die cut challenge has really brought out a lot of creativity in us, don't you think? Yours is just beautiful!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Pretty cards but the first one with the watered down ink is my favorite.

The Paper Parade said...

I love the layout of that first card! I love how the mat stack sticks out from underneath the ribbon. And then that wedding tag...oh my! Simply beautiful :)

LEG Studios said...

How fun! Love your takes on the challenge too!

Deanna Jean said...

Great cards Meredith. It was Kara who did the watered down ink technique. Here is the link to her page..I hope it works.

http://kandrdesigns.blogspot.com/2012/03/watercolor-peonies.html

Rhonda said...

Beautiful projects Meredith. Love the softness of the 1st. Love the bow on your tag!!

Geri said...

Love those fresh pretty colors on the first card, LOVE what you did with Betsy's technique on the second card, and LOVE how pretty and elegant that black tag turned out!! Great post!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...