Wednesday, March 14, 2012

One Set Wednesday - Cameo To Go...

Wow, how is it the middle of the week already? I remember when it used to take ages to get to the middle of the week!

Then I had kids.

It's Wednesday, which means it's time for a One Set Wednesday post! I haven't posted the 'rules' in awhile, and since I've picked up a couple of new followers recently (thank you!), I thought I'd give the rundown again for you:

- I have numbered all of my stamp sets, and using the random number generator, assigned sets for the next few weeks - so no favouring on my part, and no chance of just picking the easy ones!

- I have excluded all sentiment sets; my sentiment sets see a *lot* of ink, and truly - they are too limiting.

- Using the chosen set, I will create 3 all-occasion cards each week, and try my best to create one holiday card. The only exception to this rule will be when I need to do something that the day's set just can't do; creating frames around a die cut, for instance, or adding sentiments to a set that doesn't include any.

I just wanted to get more mileage out of the too many sets that I have, and this is the way I decided to do it!

Today's set is Cameo To Go from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I actually wanted it for the sentiments that were in it. I love how Claire changes her sentiments up just enough to make them interesting and unique! Plus, the fonts she chose for this set were just too pretty to pass up!


For my first card, I tried to veer away from my usual layout (even my *husband* noticed that all the sketches in my book are pretty similar!), and used my favourite papers - Crate, of course - to create something colourful and pretty.


Which is how I discovered that the oval frame fits *perfectly* in the Happy Day die from PTI. I am so glad I bought this one.. it is so versatile!

Check it out, no stick pins, the the twine is the only bow - definitely out of my box!


Lately, I've really loved creating simple, clean cards. I've said before, I am generally drawn to sleek, clean designs, but what I love creating is the opposite. I had a dream of being an interior designer in a previous life, and I think that's why - because I truly do love *all* styles.


I thought this *could* work as a masculine card... I mean, my male friends know the kinds of cards I usually create, so they would be able to appreciate that this is pretty boy-ish for me!

And you'll notice I still had to rough up the edges of my white cardstock on that one... *wink*


This next one, I LOVE. Could it be because I used my very most favourite papers in all the land? Is there any more perfect collection than the Emma's Shoppe goodies from Crate Paper? Of course, other than every other CP collection...


Isn't it just delicious? You have to love my modesty, right? *wink*


And I also managed a Christmas card with this one too... I just brought out the Compliments of the Season set (I try to stick to the same manufacturer at least, if I can!) for my sentiment.


This one was super easy - I let my papers do the work for me! 

And now I know to reach for totally unxpected dies when using the frame stamp from this set!

Have a great Wednesday... thanks for looking and I'll be back soon!

Pin It

4 comments:

Elena said...

haha, so true - time flies when you have kids! Your cards are all gorgeous, but my fave is the first one - swoon! I love the colors, the textures, and that cameo! Beautiful work!!

Pauline said...

Oh gorgeous cards Meredith! You should enter them all into the Big Cheese comp every week! Honestly, your cards are breathtaking! I love what you have done with this set, yet another one I don't have (I have the other 2!) love the layering on your first card, and the CAS design on the second. Love the festive vibe with the Christmas card too! All utterly divine!

Claire Brennan said...

Meredith these are exquisite!! gorgeous work!!!

Geri said...

Love all these, Meredith! Love the heart border touches on the 2nd (can't wait to use mine!) and the last one is especially beautiful...I love that deep blue with the Christmas red!! Who'd have thought that could be so gorgeous for the holidays?!? (YOU would, of course;)
Beautiful!! (Did you see Mish W's Papertrey projects? If not, they're worth a look! She has some bags dressed up with border dies in a variety of ways...I thought they looked really sweet!! Your heart border made me think of it.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...