Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One Set Wednesday - Apple of My Eye

Hey guys! Thank you so much for all your sweet comments on my Timeless Tuesday post for this week... I was actually feeling a little insecure about my card for yesterday's post, because it didn't come together exactly as I had pictured!

It's One Set Wednesday today.... though I am calling it the "Lite" version!


Because we're headed on vacation next week, I am trying to wrap up quite a few projects so I have stuff to post while I am away. I decided to scale back on my cards for today's post so that I had time to spread around! So I have two cards to share with you today, using the Apple of My Eye set from Flourishes.


For my first card, I played with my Copics and kept the design fairly simple. I have to say, this image was so fun to colour; it just came to life as I went along!


For my second card, I decided to just use one of the sentiments from the set, and put the markers away...


Oh look, Crate Paper! Really, I have to remember there are other papers in my stash... But with apple papers from the Farmhouse collection, how could I resist?

So I have my usual Festive Friday post planned for Friday, as well as a Scrapbook Sunday post for this weekend... but next week I'll be putting those weekly series' on hold while I am away. I do have projects to share with you, and should have something for you to look at nearly every day I am gone... so you won't even have time to miss me!

Thanks for peeking!

Pin It

4 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Two beauties Meredith...you definitely rock the Flourishes Stamps! Hugs ~S~

Geri said...

Wow, that apple/blossom image is nice and you have really made it come to life beautifully!! Love them both!

Heather Jensen said...

Both are amazing! I love seeing what you do with Flourishes images. I think they are some of my favorites of yours. :)

Hugs~

Pauline said...

Two stunning card Meredith, I love the sentiment on the first card, and your colouring is wonderful! And as for your second card, sometimes it's nice to whip up something, and as you say put the markers away, and let the papers shine. And shine they do. It is so beautiful, I love the distressed edges.
I can't tell you how jealous I am you are going away! I wish I was too! Oh you will have a wonderful time in the sun, on the beach, drinking cocktails, eating yummy food! Don't forget your flip flops!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...