Thursday, March 22, 2012

Merci...

Hey guys!!

I am supposed to be packing our suitcases right now... but really, I am soaking in a quiet house, and seizing the opportunity to blog a little!

Which is silly, because I'll be spending a week away from my kids, so you would think I would feel bad about not being with them right now, so close to our departure, right? Well, they're out for lunch with Grandma and a few of her friends - they do this every couple of months - so it wasn't really up to me. If I *have* to spend alone time, I'll just suffer through...

But, to make up for their absence, I have a few photos and stories about them later in my post...

First, I wanted to share a card with you!


I got my new Waltzingmouse goodies yesterday in the mail... and while I was completing things for tomorrow's Festive Friday post, I felt like the mojo was running dry. So I got out my new stamps, opened up this week's WMS Sketch and just tinkered.


Have you ever been to Paris? I really think these stamps capture the style of the city *so* perfectly. It was Shirley that HAD to have them. She loves Paris... me, I don't care if I never go back (*gasp*, I know...). It's a lovely city, but there are other places I've been that I love more and would rather go back to, or new places I'd rather discover!

Which sort of segues into the next part of my post... I hope you're in the mood for a good read!

Shirley has been teaching my kids to love Paris as much as she does. Emma could identify the Eiffel Tower before she had words, and Josie can say Paris almost as good as she can say Mum (ask me how well she can call that one out when she wakes up in the morning?).

So I knew when Emma, my little stamper in training, saw these stamps, she'd want to use them.

I was right.

So I asked her if I could put the card she created on my blog? And she said, "Of course!" 

When I told her I was going to go photograph my card, she said "I have to photograph my card too..." and promptly disappeared.

So this is where you need to remember that I photograph my cards on an antique silver tray, in front of Shirley's living room windows...


She went and got these vintage trays that Shirley kept from her own kids, and has passed on to mine. This one was my hubby's, and is now Emma's. She put it in the spot I use, and got her little princess camera out. No, it doesn't even take real photos!


And she told me she was going to put them up on *her* blog. She has a little LeapFrog learning laptop thingy that she refers to as her 'puter, and she proceeded to 'upload' her photos and type up a blog post! What a girl...

I don't know why she isn't wearing pants.. Grandma seems to think they're a form of torture or something, so usually they disappear shortly after we get to her house.

Here is the card she made, by the way:


See how she cut the one side so she could get 2 cards out of her piece of construction paper? So cute...

Well, Emma's little protege couldn't be left out;


Yep, that's Josie (also sans pants) with her uncle's old tray, also 'taking photos'.

Like her hairdo? She demanded I put that "bow" in her hair. She is such a character, this kid.

Which brings me to these other photos I've been meaning to share for awhile...

Josie *loves* to help me when I am photographing my cards... she is becoming quite the little assistant.


If Mum didn't put so many layers on her cards, they sure would be a lot easier to figure out how to open...


Done!

And here she is on another occasion, so proud of herself for helping:


How will I possibly get through an entire week without them!?

Margaritas and the beach should help....

Pin It

11 comments:

Charmaine Stack said...

ADORABLE! The card, the story and your girls!

Helen said...

Aww, those girls are SO cute!! Your card is gorgeous too Meredith - lovely colours, sweet papers & really love the stamps of course ;)

Elena said...

Oh my word, how precious are your girls! That is the cutest thing I've ever seen :) too bad we weren't close enough for a playdate and some party-planning fun! Enjoy your time away! ps, your card is beautiful - i love those colors together.

Kelly S. said...

Oh those girls! So sweet and I just love that they are little stampers and photographers in training :) Your daughter's Paris card is so great, I love her layout :)! Oh yes and YOUR card is so beautiful, too... love the stamping on the borders to match your sentiment. That bow with the pins is fabulous. What a great post, Meredith!

Beate said...

Meredith, your babies are too cute. I can't believe your little girl made that great card out of construction paper and already knows how to photograph. And your baby is so cute also taking pictures.
Your card is, of course, amazing! LOVE it!
Hugs and smiles

Denise said...

This reminds me so much of my sweet Abigail... she also "photographs" all of her cards. ;) I love your style, Meredith - beautiful work! Enjoy the beach!!

Pauline said...

Oh how sweet! Real little stampers/bloggers in training! You will miss your babies, but it's good to have a little break to re charge your batteries every now and again!
Beautiful card Meredith, you really let these stamps do their work! Gorgeous colours and a fab little bow and pin!

Teresa Kline said...

your card is totally gorgeous...but the babies stole the show for me....very sweet!

enjoy *~*

Julia Aston said...

Love your card in blues, the wonderful ribbon/bow and great distressing Meredith - but your sweet little girls rule this post!!! what absolute sweeties they are!! and how fun that they are 'stampers'!! have a great vacation!

Kim Duran said...

You're card is lovely! But oh my! Aren't your kiddos so adorable!! What a fun moment that must have been to have your daughter want to blog about her card. That is just precious!

Geri said...

I love these pictures of your girls! How they watch every move we make! Scary sometimes! But they look just adorable! I REALLY love how your card turned out! Did you create that background, because I LOVE it! Really pretty delicate image AND colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...