Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy Birthday...

Inspiration can strike you from the strangest places, don't you think? Sometimes, it's really obvious - we browse each other's blogs, and see something we want to try. Sometimes it's a card in a store, and we want to emulate the style ourselves...


But try and picture my hubby's face when I said to him, "Oh, look at that rug! That would make a great card..." when we were strolling through Home Depot one night...

And then when I pulled out my phone to photograph it as a reminder...

But there it was, and I wanted to create it with stamps! Here is a picture of the rug, taking from the Home Depot site:

Pretty, right? I know all my PTI friends just said "Oh, Turning a New Leaf!", right? *wink*

So I actually created my card from memory, and when I went back to the picture again, I realized I probably should have used a different stamp from the set. So I think I might even give it another go!


I am definitely happy with this card, but I want to try it in a few other colours, and with a couple of other stamp combinations!

Here's a close up of my pattern:


See? A rug CAN be a card!

Pin It

10 comments:

Pauline said...

A great card from the inspiration! Love the muted colours you used, and the lovely satin ribbon.

Elena said...

Hee hee! I'm guilty of the same thing: "do you mind of I take a picture of your skirt? I love the pattern!"

Anonymous said...

Xiomara
Beautiful card!!!!

Cath said...

Well you know me! I *know* that inspiration can be found absolutely everywhere--and I moxie love what you've done with the inspiration you found at Home Depot (of all places!)

I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll, Meredith. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time!

Deirdre said...

Stunning creation - congrats on your "shout out" over on Moxie Fab World.

Lynda said...

Your card is moxie fab...and Home Depot is a great place for inspiration!! Great Job!!

Deanna Jean said...

Love this! Great colors and I love the two buttons on the bow. Congrats on the shout out!

Susan said...

Congratulations on your Moxie Fab win! Love this card and I think you did a wonderful job. (Love that rug too and kudos to you for finding inspiration everywhere!)

Susie said...

Gorgeous card! Isn't it fun when you see card inspiration in unexpected places??? My friend Kris and I do so often!
Congrats on your Moxie Fab shout out :)

Helen F. said...

Ohhh, I love the card and the rug! So true about inspiration being all around us :)
Stopped by after seeing MFW's shout out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...