Monday, March 26, 2012

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday 162...

Hey guys!

Today is my last post as Guest Designer for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge... I am so sad that the month is ending so soon... I had such a good time playing with the girls on the Design Team!


Today, Makiko is our hostess, and she's challenged us to create a project with an Easter theme, since it's right around the corner!


I actually don't have any Flourishes Easter images, so I had to get creative - which I *love*. Sometimes when I am restricted in my supplies, I feel like I come up with some of my favourite projects.


I used the flourish in the From the Heart set to create my background, which I then dry embossed with an impression plate. Since daffodils are a perfect symbol of spring, I thought they would be fitting for an Easter card, and I just used my computer to create my sentiment. After I printed it, I die cut around it, and then used a couple of the little flourishes included in Seeds of Friendship to accent it.

Here's a close up of my background:


Thanks for stopping in today, and again, thank you *so* much to the FTTC girls for having me... I really enjoyed my time with you, and I am so grateful for this opportunity! THANK YOU!

Pin It

13 comments:

Pauline said...

Absolutely beautiful Meredith! Your background looks like an eiderdown! Beautiful! Love how you popped out the daffodil too, a very lovely card!

Makiko Jones said...

Oh Meredith! This is so beautiful! The daffodils are so perfect for the Easter theme. I love the background and texture...looks like quilted blanket!
So glad you joined with us this month. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful ideas and inspirations!

Heather Jensen said...

This is beautiful Meredith! I love that flourish stamped background and pretty colored Daffodils. I esp like that you colored and popped one flower up to give dimension. You were a fabulous Guest Designer. Thank you. :)

Hugs~

Amanda said...

Oh how Beautiful!! This is one gorgeous card, I love your colors and the popped up flower :)

Karen W said...

So pretty!! It's such a bright spring card, looks just like the sun!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Meredith! Love the dimension you gave to the Daffodil!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, Meredith! Those daffodils are amazing, and I LOVE the quilted look of the background piece! You've been an amazing Guest Designer!

Carole said...

Lovely work Meredith, you really captured the essence of Easter.

Geri said...

What a perfect Spring card! The yellow and white look so pretty together...crisp and clean...but the embossing softens it up just perfectly! Love the little tag peeking out the bottom, too! So pretty!

flourishes said...

Meredith is card is pure genius. I love the dimension, Jut make the flower really pop. Great inspiration.

Jan Marie
Flourishes

flourishes said...

Meredith, this a a real stunner. I love the dimension you added. Great inspiration!
Jan Marie
Flourishes

Silke Ledlow said...

So sweet Meredithl! Your 3D flower is so perfect...fabbo Easter card for sure! Love the color combo too!!! Thank you so much for being our guestie this month...hope you enjoyed it!?! Hugs ~S~

Marlena M. said...

Oh Meredith, this is so pretty. I love your embossed background and popped up flower.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...