Monday, March 19, 2012

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday 161...

Hey guys! How is your week going so far? Mine is going to be busy, as I get everything ready to ship the kids off to Grandma's while hubby and I head out for a holiday next week... I am *so* looking forward to sandy beaches and warm weather!

I am back for my third week as the Guest Designer for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge!


This week Silke is our hostess, and she has a sketch challenge for you... I always love Silke's sketches!

Here is the sketch for this week's challenge:


I created sort of an all-occasion card... so many of the Flourishes sets have some really nice quotes and sayings which I like to create cards for my stash that I will use for a 'just because' whenever the need arises.


I pulled out my Zinnias set, and created my own patterned paper (again!).. you know I love to do this! Only this time, I mixed my ink with alcohol to give it a coloured watermark appearance...


Saying this - if I was to do this again, I think I would use water. I have done this before, and also used alcohol because I keep a spritzer on my desk for other things... but I think it might have helped stain my stamp, which is something I can't stand!! So water for me next time...

That's it from me today... I'll be back tomorrow for One Set Wednesday, so make sure you stop by!

Pin It

15 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFULLY done!!~

Karen W said...

Very pretty, love the soft colors on this.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Meredith! Beautiful stamped background!

Beate said...

Meredith, your card is so soft and beautiful! I love it.
Hugs and smiles

Pauline said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the stamping, and the sweet label, so pretty in pink!

Lynne said...

Pretty ribbon treatment.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very pretty! I love the washed-out effect you gave the background flowers!

Heather Jensen said...

This turned out beautifully Meredith. I love the soft pink and pretty ribbon. I am with you on the stained stamps. I hate it when ink stains them. :)

Hugs~

Makiko Jones said...

Simply stunning Meredith!! I love the background and how you off set the flower on the sentiment panel! Pretty ribbon treatment too.

Silke Ledlow said...

Meredith, this is just beautiful! Love the stamped background and the awesome colors you chose! Hugs ~S~

stampqueen said...

Very pretty - I love the zinnias set!! - love your ribbon and lace!!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Lovely job ! Pat

Yogi said...

very pretty. Spring like.

Marlena M. said...

Delicate and lovely Meredith! I love the floral background.

Kathy said...

Very pretty! Love the soft colors! Blessings! Kathy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...