Monday, March 12, 2012

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday 160

Hey guys! I'm back with another post as Guest Designer for the Timeless Tuesday challenge over on the Flourishes blog. Thank you *so* much to everyone for your wonderful comments and support on last week's post!

This week, Cindy is challenging us to create a card incorporating Scallops and Lace. I knew right away what I wanted to do with this one... layers of scalloped lace!


I think the card I made is one of the most favourites I've ever created. I knew right away that I would make something for Emma's birthday, because it was going to be super girly and pretty. I gathered three different laces and layered them over each other, showcasing all their different style scalloped edges.


We're having a ballerina party for her, and I knew that if she saw these slippers from Make A Wish, she'd call them ballerina shoes (she's only turning four!). And, because this is for Emma, I created a toile background for the top of my panel with the Cherries and Peaches set, using the small cluster of cherries. You know how I love my cherries for this girl!

Here is a close up of the slippers, where you can see that I added a little bit of glitter:


I wanted the card to be very soft and subtle, so I barely shaded my image with the lightest pink Copic marker I have, then used my Colourless Blender to feather it out a bit.

Thank you so much for peeking in on me, and please be sure to stop over at the Flourishes blog to see what the design team has for you, and don't forget to play along yourself!

Pin It

20 comments:

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Beautiful .....your little girl will love it!

Liz Williams said...

Gorgeous card, and I love the layout.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow Meredith, this is GORGEOUS! Beautiful color work and detail on the slippers, and the layers of lace are outstanding! (Sorry if this is the bajillionth comment I've left... Blogger is NOT cooperating this morning!)

Karen W said...

So soft and elegant. Beautiful card!!

Mary said...

beautiful...it is so very pretty...

Geri said...

Oh, Meredith...this is so, so lovely!! I love your layers of lace, the way the little "slippers" fit on that tag, the subtle colors and that pretty, PRETTY background you created!! Perfect!!

Beate said...

Oh my goodness. Your card looks INCREDIBLE! So soft and dainty. I absolutely love everything about this card.
Hugs and smiles

Makiko Jones said...

Meredith, this is so gorgeous!! I love the combination of the lace trims and beautifully colored slippers! Fabulous bow too!

Pauline said...

Absolutely breathtaking Meredith! What a beautiful card, I love the toile background you created, and the layered lace is just beautiful. A stunning card!

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful. Love the softness of the pink with all of your beautiful embesslishments.

ChristineCreations said...

Meredith, this card just takes my breath away. Really stunning work. Feminine, soft, beautiful, that bow and pin combination is gorgeous too.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very pretty Meredith! Love the shimmer on the ballet shoes and the beautiful lace!

Heather Jensen said...

Stunning Meredith. I love the crisp white against the soft pink. Everything is just perfect! :)

Hugs~

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS! The stamped background is awesome and the colors with the yummy ribbon is so soft and feminine!!! Hugs ~S~

Leigh said...

Wow, this is stunning!

Cindy Haffner said...

Meredith your card is truly STUNNING I love it!

Carole said...

Beautiful card Meredith, I adore the little slippers, a perfect card for a little girl!

Queen Mary said...

Wow! Definitely a Wow card!

stampqueen said...

Very sweet - love the glitter and rhinestones!!

Rita Behan said...

Wow beautiful card what little (& big) girl would not love

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...