Monday, March 5, 2012

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday 159

Hey guys!!

So, I have something really exciting to share with you today! You know how much I love playing along with the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenges, right?

So you can imagine how excited I was when they asked me if I would like to Guest Design for them this month! Um, YES please.



So, I am honoured to be participating with the Timeless Tuesday team for all of the challenges this month!


This week, Heather is hosting the challenge, and she picked a *beautiful* inspiration photo for us to use... I want all of the beautiful vintage goodies in this photo to decorate my house!


I picked out the colours from the photo, mainly, and went from there with my card. I also included the detail from the lace doily as well as a few other things...


I coloured the pot black to reflect the beautiful twine holder in the photo, and integrated the pink in the photo by adding that shade of twine on my bow.

I also stamped my own background pattern using the Seeds of Friendship set, to sort of draw on the text on the vintage tins.

Here is a close-up of my Zinnias:


Thank you so much for looking! I am so excited to play along in these challenges for the next couple of weeks... I hope you'll stop by the Flourishes site to play along yourself!

Pin It

25 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Meredith! Love the jar of beautiful Zinnias! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

Helen said...

Meredith- BIG congrats on being guest designer over at Flourishes! Your card is really beautiful - love those colours - wow!

Elena said...

so beautiful! what a great translation of the inspiration photo. Love the roughed-up mat against the pretty doily and the gorgeous florals.

Deborah Frings said...

Congratulations on your GD spot - your card is wonderful! Love the vase of flowers and really pretty bow!

Karen W said...

Very pretty, looks like a gorgeous fall bouquet!!

Beate said...

Great coloring and beautiful card, Meredith.
Hugs and smiles

Geri said...

That is so wonderful, Meredith!! The news, I mean!! AND the card, of course--I love it!! You do such a nice job with these stamps--what a wonderful opportunity for you!! Enjoy, and have a great day!!

Colleen said...

Meredith,
This is beautiful and congrats on the GDT spot.

Heather Jensen said...

Oh Meredith, this is so pretty. Your stamped cardstock is perfect and your Zinnias are colored so lifelike. :)
Hugs~

Angela Fehr said...

Congratulations, Meredith! This card is stunning.

Marlena M. said...

Congratulations Meredith! Such brilliant colors and design. I love the distressing.

Theresa said...

So very beautiful. Amazing coloring and great layout.

The Paper Parade said...

Wow, Meredith, this is magazine worthy!! Your coloring is wonderful, and I especially love that big bow at the bottom with the button in the middle!

ChristineCreations said...

So lovely and warm feeling Meredith! Have a fun month on the Timeless Tuesday team!

Carole said...

Such a lovely card Meredith. The coloring is wonderful and I really like what you did with your background pattern.

Cindy Haffner said...

Meredith this is so PRETTY!!~

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful card! Love the coloring of your zinnias.

Makiko Jones said...

Oh Meredith, your card is so stunning!! I love how you colored the Zinnias and beautiful bow!
The close-ups are even more fabulous!

Sewflake said...

Meredith, I love how you brought in all of the colors in this inspiration pictures. Especially the greys in for the "stone pot" that the zinnias are in.
Just amazing, WELL DONE!

stampqueen said...

Beautiful card - love the rich colors!!! I love the zinnias set!!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Gorgeous card, you did a fabulous job on the colors. Very very pretty. Pat

Suzie McFloozy said...

Beautiful card - I love the colours and that gorgeous gorgeous bow x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Ruth S said...

Gorgeous colouring - congrats too on the guest spot at Flourishes! Rx

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey Meredith...sorry I'm so late :( !!! Welcome as our Guest Designer this month!!! Your card is absolutely beautiful and you captured all the colors from the IC photo so perfectly!!! Hugs, ~S~

Tammy Hershberger said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Meredith! Your coloring on the zinnias is spectacular! So glad to have you with us this month!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...