Friday, March 16, 2012

Festive Friday (sort of)... Tiny Treats: Christmas

Well... I've officially lost my last marble. No really. Here's how it went down.

"Jeez, it's awfully quiet on my blog today... I usually have at least a *couple* of comments by this time of day..."

Dum dee dum, let's play on Facebook... oh, guess I better post the link to today's Friday post on my fan page...

Wait.

There's no post.

I totally forgot to do the post...

Yep, I made sure I took the pictures yesterday for today's post so that I could come home last night and do the post for this morning... And promptly forgot to even take them off the camera!

And I can say 'today' and call this Festive Friday, because in my time zone, it's still Friday night!

So today's set is Tiny Treats: Christmas from Papertrey Ink. I picked up this set because Shirley and I plan to do a craft show at the end of November, and I knew it would come in handy for a couple of different projects.


One thing we know we want to prepare is tins filled with covered Hershey's Nuggets. We sourced a really great site to get our tins from for all our treats, and I would venture a guess that they're the very same tins you would buy from PTI - but for a fraction of the cost.

I created a belly band - more of a sample or prototype - for what will be our nugget tins.


Now that I've seen it in action, the only thing I might change is a little more layering on the label. You'll see how I came to that conclusion in a second...

We also bought some smaller tins, which we were initially going to fill with homemade peppermint meringues. I've since found out those are a no-no (we'd have to jump through too many hoops, since they're homemade), so we'll have to dream up some other treat to include in these. Any ideas?


Quite a few of the images fit on the Tiny Tags, so these will be easy to mass-produce and quickly! I'll let you know what we decide to include in them...


And last, we will be making so many tags with this set, I am sure. I can see these appealing to such a wide audience, so I am optimistic they will sell well.

*I hope!*


Now do you see why I want to layer up the belly bands on the nugget tins? I just think it adds a bit more "oomph", you know?

Sorry this post was so late, but truly, this week has been *rough* around here. Daylight Savings really kicked my kids in their butts, which means it kicked ME in the butt! I don't even know where I am, let alone what day it is........

I promise you'll see me for Scrapbook Sunday!!

Pin It

4 comments:

Geri said...

This little show sounds like fun and looks like you've got some sweet ideas for it! Looks like a great find on the tins, too...isn't it amazing, the difference in what we can pay for things...;) They look adorable and will be great sellers, I'm sure!! LOVE that last tag!!

The Paper Parade said...

Awww, Festive "Saturday" works well, too ;) I love these decorated tins! And how on the second one you just used the Nutcracker alone...I wouldn't have thought to do that. The 3rd is my favorite, though, with the extra layering.

Pauline said...

OOh, gorgeous festive treats here! Love that Mat Stack 1 plaid prind, I have that die, I didn't realise there was a festive stamp set too! Oh, it's gorgeous! Love those tiny tags too, they are all fabulous!

Charmaine Stack said...

Lovely things, Meredit. For the small tin, instead of edibles, why not gift tags for the Christmas craft sale? I bet they'd sell.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...