Friday, March 9, 2012

Festive Friday... Festive Foliage

Happy Friday! I have a really busy day today, and then tomorrow my hubby and I are leaving the kids with Grandma so we can do some cross-border shopping (and pick up my February PTI order!). We're going to Mexico in a couple of weeks, so I need a new swimsuit... Yikes!


Since it's Friday, it's time for me to share some holiday cards with you! Today I am featuring the set Festive Foliage from Waltzingmouse... another one of my favourite sets. I used it a lot when creating masculine cards, and I also love the rustic look it gives any Christmas card!


My first card was created using one of my favourite layouts - I tend to gravitate to this style when I feel a bit stuck. It was really simple to create; I just stamped the pine boughs in green before stamping over them in stamped-off distress ink - offset slightly. I did the same thing with the pine cones down my feature panel.


Lately I have really liked stamping sentiments a few times in one spot... It kind of gives smaller ones more presence on the card, don't you think?


This one I created using a technique I learned from Betsy Veldman, which has definitely become a favourite. She featured it for a Make it Monday a few months back, and I can't stop using it!


I usually try to create a non-holiday card using the holiday sets every week, but I really wanted to colour the mistletoe image, since I've never used it before!


I am really enjoying making simple cards lately... I love graphic cards just as much as I love fussy ones, and sometimes it just allows the image to shine better.

Think of me tomorrow while I am torturing myself with trying on swimsuits... it doesn't matter *who* you are, it's never fun to do...!

Don't forget to enter my Blog Birthday giveaway! You have until tomorrow evening!

Pin It

6 comments:

Jessica Wekenman said...

Gorgeous cards, Meredith! I do not have this set, but have always admired it, and you really made me want it more!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love all three cards! I have the stamp set with the pines. Lovely set. Thanks for sharing.

Pauline said...

These are gorgeous Meredith! I love the double stamped pine cones and the fab layout. And the CAS mistletoe is a lovely contrast, a gorgeous card!

Helen said...

3 fantastic cards Meredith!

Geri said...

TOTALLY with ya on the swimsuit thing...there's never a good time...at least I haven't experienced one in the last 15 years or so! HOWEVER...you should feel very good about these cards, Meredith, they are really, REALLY pretty!!! LOVE the colors, the subtle-ness (Iknow--not a word) of them, and the two-toned look. They're just gorgeous!! (and I, too, like the little shadowed effect of your sentiments!!)

Sam said...

what a gorgeous card "Be Merry" is - I don't have that WMS set but may have to order just because of how much I love this card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...