Friday, March 2, 2012

Festive Friday... Big Blooms: Poinsettias

Hey guys! I am here with a Festive Friday post that I am actually really excited about... Before I get to my projects, I'll just refresh for you what exactly Festive Friday means, since I've had some new followers the last while...

Every Friday I post holiday projects; usually cards. I use one stamp set for all the projects posted, which has been chosen randomly (I numbered all my sets, then used the Random Number Generator), and I create 2 holiday cards/projects and try my best to create one non-holiday project with the same set. Trying to get more mileage out of my too many stamp sets! I do add other sets for help with sentiments and frame details for my die cuts, but other than that, I try to stick to only one - much like my One Set Wednesday challenge! (If you have no idea what I am talking about, just use the Search feature on the right sidebar!)


So today I am featuring one of my *favourite* stamp sets... Big Blooms: Poinsettias from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I use this one all.the.time. And for tons of non-holiday projects, which is what makes it so great.

First up, I used one of the poinsettia images to create a bit of a toile background for my card.


Next, I used the medium illustrated bloom and coloured it - I *love* colouring this image. It's always so impactful.


I actually started out by colouring a red bloom, but halfway through decided I wanted to go a different route, and started over. I stamped the image in grey so that it would be softer, and I love how it turned out!

Here's a close up for you:


And finally, I also made an all-occasion card using this one. I used the set to create a background for my WMS February Blog Party post, and loved it so much, I did another version of the same pattern.


You'd never know it was a Christmas set, would you?

Pin It

10 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful cards from this set Meredith! It's one set I don't have (yet!) and I think you have tipped me over the edge to get it! I love the thank you card using this set, the colours are so fab together! And I love the little red jingle bell on the Christmas card, and you delicate colouring on the poinsettia. All perfect cards.

carol (krillsister) said...

Three gorgeoous cards. Love the lace in your cards.

Tracey McNeely said...

All fabulous cards, you are doing so well.

Barbara said...

Gorgeous cards...with just one set of stamps...imagine. What a talented artist you are. Thanks for sharing with us.

Leigh said...

Gorgeous cards, Meredith! I love how different they all are!

Cassi said...

Meredith, the first time I saw you use this set was with with the February WMS Blog Party -- loved your card. Your work here makes me feel like I NEED this stamp set. Great job, my favorite is the fabulous background you built on the last card.

Deborah Frings said...

Meredith - what super cards! Love the soft colouring on the big poinsettia, and the thank you card is so pretty!

Geri said...

All three are so nice, Meredith! That middle one with the subtle coloring is so elegant and simple--I THINK it's my favorite!! Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

The Paper Parade said...

Oh wow, I love how vintage the first two cards look! That stamped poinsettia background on the first I especially like. And the third one looks great with the Christmas label as the focal point :)

Jen Adcock said...

Holy Smokes! These are outstanding! Each one just amazing! My favorite is the pointsettia leaves blushed to perfection. Divine, the lot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...