Friday, March 30, 2012

Beyond the Clouds...

Hi Friends! I hope you're having a good week so far! As I mentioned before, my posts this week have been scheduled while I am frolicking on the beach somewhere, so please don't think I am ignoring your comments and visits... I just haven't gotten to them yet!

Today I have a pretty special card to share with you. This post is really proof that this wonderful community that we've all created and become a part of is really a wonderful, encouraging and supportive place. It still blows my mind how generous and caring strangers can be... I love it!


You probably know Laurie Schmidlin, right? Well, recently, she posted on her blog about her daughters recent health struggles, and I was so inspired by the story of survival and fight. Alison is going to be celebrating her 16th birthday soon, and Laurie wondered if we would mind sending her some cards to lift her up in a trying time.

Of *course* I wanted to send a card!


Okay, and then I realized that Laurie herself would see my card, which was totally intimidating! *wink*

I know Laurie had implied that birthday cards were what Alison might like, but when I got my new Papertrey sets, and knew this sentiment was there to be used, I wanted to include it. Inside the card reads: "One is on its way to you", which I thought was appropriate.

Here is a close up of the background I stamped and embossed:


I held off getting the Lace Bouquet set for a minute there, but now that I have it, I can't figure out why I waited!

Anyway... if you head to Laurie's blog, you can read more about Alison's journey, and find out where to send your own card!

Pin It

1 comment:

Geri said...

Beautiful, Meredith! Love the background, and the trim looks so pretty with the rest of your colors, too. She should love this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...