Tuesday, February 28, 2012

You Glow Girl...


Hey! Am I making up for all the silence around here the past few weeks? I told you I got my craft on...


Today I have a card for you that I made for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge... I have followed this challenge blog since they launched, and today is only the second time I have played along! You know me, usually the fussy, shabby girl... but if you've spent any time around here at all, you know that every once in awhile I like to throw something pretty clean and simple into the mix!

The theme for this week's challenge is to include a pun in our creation. I am so *not* punny... But I married the freakin' King of Pun. Oh yeah, it's loads of pun around here... *eye roll* Hardy har, right?

I was working on the bookmark I showed you yesterday, and while flipping through my Flourishes stamps, I noticed there are a few punny sentiments included in a couple of the sets, so I thought, why not?


For the record... there is a button tied with twine sitting on my desk, intended to dress up that yellow bow in my usual fashion... I literally had to restrain myself from fussing this card up. I realized I'd already added enough layers, it was time to just back off and un-fuss!

A departure for me, but I like it!

Pin It

11 comments:

Geri said...

Love the simplicity of this, Meredith!! It's really beautiful just as it is...and the sentiment is to cute!! I ordered from Papertrey today and did NOT order that woodgrain plate. It was on my list, but I was in such need of some Spring sets that it got crossed off and a $15 set took its place. I know, I KNOW...I'll kick myself later! Would you quit using it, please...it's just making it worse for me!!! ;)

Tracey McNeely said...

Excellent pun--hun. Love this card it is beautiful. Love the clean look and the yellow is gorg. Great Job.

carol (krillsister) said...

Gorgeous card. Love the woodgrain behind the bookmark.

Deb said...

Fabulous pun and beautiful CAS card! Love the IP!

Deanna Jean said...

Meredith this is stunning. I love all of that white space with the pop of yellow. Beautiful job on that bow too. Great card all around.

Michele Gross said...

Swoooon! This is a fantastic blend of gorgeous meets funny! LOVE your pun and love your awesome card :) Thanks for getting punny with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh I do like this. So bright and cheerful. Love the woodgrain backing and sweet sentiment!

Virginia L. said...

Punny and gorgeous! Absolutely love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Pauline said...

This is simply beautiful, and I'm excited to see this as I received this set in the post the other day, just waiting for me to ink it up!

maria f. said...

Lovely card and then the unexpected pun. Nice.

cards by cara said...

LOVE this clean and simple number! Gorgeous!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...