Sunday, February 12, 2012

Scrapbook Sunday - My Girl...

Scrapbook Sunday! If there's anything I learned about myself these last few weeks, it's that if I decide to do something regularly on my blog, I will work harder to achieve my goals! I have completed all kinds of layouts to add to Josie's book, which is a great feeling (you know, that maybe I am not a terrible mother after all!)


The photo for this layout is a beautiful one... but it was such a not-beautiful moment that brought it to it's existence!


A beautiful late spring day, we decided to go for a drive in the mountains. Our destination was lunch at a restaurant owned by the son of one of Shirley's friends. Josie is never a fan of being in the car, so when she was fussy it wasn't anything new. But this time she was incredibly persistent. From where I was sitting, I couldn't really do anything for her, so I asked hubs to check on her. "I'll try, but I'm getting kind of dizzy". He's prone to motion sickness, you see.

You think someone might have caught on by now.

30 seconds later, as the roads got nice and winding, we heard it... and then we heard it again. And again. Emma, who's never thrown up in her life was quite shocked wondering "What did she do?!" Josie just started sobbing. We pulled over at the next rest area (thankfully right around the bend), and lucky for us there was a giant puddle next to the car that we used to mop up the mess.

So... this layout is the story of the day we found out that Josie suffers from car sickness. Now I am a little more patient with her dislike of the card.


Look at those luscious Crate Paper patterns. I have caught sight of the newest releases, and my poor wallet...


I created a glassine pocket behind the photo to hide a journalling card...


I also piled on the chipboard accents, because they're just so delicious.


In case you were wondering, I tend to go to PageMaps if I am feeling stuck for a sketch. I'd like to join more challenges, but the timing hasn't been right just yet - I always seem to find a great sketch just enough too late!

Thanks so much for looking! I am sure some day my daughter will be horrified that I shared this story with you all, but I sort of think it's our job as parents to keep them humble, right? *wink* By the way... we never did have lunch in the mountains!

Pin It

3 comments:

Lucia said...

All I can say is WOW!!!!! Amazing, so colorful and so inspirational!!!

Geri said...

What a funny story!! And look at that chubby little face...ADORABLE! Love all those colors in the papers and sweet, sweet, embellishments. I LOVED you PTI sketch card...all the distressed edges and those warm colors...that pretty jewel on the bow is just the right touch! And your card with the cherries was so perfect...for YOU the baker and for the Pinterest picture. Too, too clever and cute...made me smile!! GOSH am I missing the PTI festivities...they look like so much fun this year!!

Marybeth said...

Poor Josie, but what a doll! The page layout is very pretty and detailed you did a wonderful job on this. My daughters middle name is Josie and that was my mother in laws name. TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...