Wednesday, February 29, 2012

One Set Wednesday... Just the Ticket

Hey guys! It's Wednesday (and a total bonus day, too!), so I have a One Set Wednesday post to share with you... sort of.

See, you remember how I laid out the rules that every week I was going to use only one set to create about 4 cards?

Yeah... not today.

So here's the rundown... usually, I have one set to work with - chosen by the random number generator - and I create 3 all-occasion cards, and if possible, one holiday card.

Today's set is Just the Ticket from My Favorite Things. I *love* this set, because I love tickets... and these ones are almost oversized, which is really cool.

But not conducive to making a lot of cards without them all sort of looking the same with a different sentiment. Which is totally fine... but not the point of my One Set Wednesday posts, right? I want to take my sets out of the box a bit...


So, because I wanted to work on a few other things this week, I thought I'd cut today's post a bit short, since this set is sort of limiting in a way. So instead, I have two cards to share with you!

Now, don't let me lead you to believe this set isn't worth having in your collection... because it IS. I use it a *lot*, and it's so much fun. The scale of the tickets work really well on layouts - you can see how I used one here. Plus, they're such a fun way to add sentiments to your cards.

So for my first card, I used the set the way it was intended - to create a ticket to use as my sentiment.


I put my beloved Crate Paper goodies to work for this card... Then when I stamped my ticket, I rolled it in a darker shade after I stamped the lighter one, to give it a faded, aged effect. And, looking at this photo - I think I need to adjust where the ticket is sitting - don't you think?

For my next card, I wanted to do something out of the box, and create a card that didn't use a ticket at all.


I took the frame stamp that is included in the set, and stamped a background with it, using a little heart image from the set to complete it.


I also used one of the sentiments from the set, and selectively inked it, so I could stamp it into a smaller frame (from PTI).

So that's it for me today... it's a shorter post for a Wednesday... but I didn't want to exclude this set from my list. It was sort of like a step up from using a sentiment set, so I didn't put the same pressure on myself to create as much with it! I hope I still gave you some ideas, though!

Pin It

9 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I like the idea of tickets but tend not to use them much - don't know why! Your cards are lovely - I particularly like the second one with the stamped background. Very neat idea!

Elena said...

love that 2nd card - so creative! the cute little heart totally makes the background :)

Leigh said...

Wow, these are beautiful, Meredith! I absolutely LOVE how you stamped the background on the second card-- fabulous!

Mayol said...

I love the colors on your first card, and the very lovely seam binding and lace at the side. I love how you used the frame as the background on your second card; very nice colors too!

The Paper Parade said...

Loving the two patterned papers and the two awesome ribbons on the first one, and the neat ticket background you created on the second!

Jen Adcock said...

What fun cards! But I must say that i love the artistic way you have photographed them. Very cool indeed! I also find that doily cut from the Autumn Rose pretty fab. Stunners!

Helen said...

Beautiful cards Meredith - I love tickets & now I think I really should use them more after seeing these x

Pauline said...

These are fabulous Meredith, I love the perfectly matched buttons and papers on your first card, and the cleverly stamped background on your second!

Barbara said...

Your cards are so amazing. So glad I am a follower so I won't miss any of your posts. Have a wonderful weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...