Tuesday, February 7, 2012

One Set Wednesday... Iconic Images

How is it Wednesday already? I can't believe how fast this week is going past me... but then, they're all like that lately.

But, being Wednesday, it's time for a One Set Wednesday post! Today I am featuring another Papertrey Ink set, Iconic Images. This was a complimentary set last summer during PTI's first Stamp-A-Faire event. Turns out, it's one of my favourite sets! So today's collection wasn't as big a challenge (a nice break, after last week's brain teaser! Speaking of which, thank you all *so* much for your kind words and encouragement on that post!)

Before I get to it, I have to confess that I was a bit hurried with today's cards. I had a dentist's appointment right in the middle of the day, and they were overbooked which made me run over - and I came home with a face so frozen I couldn't even feel my ear! My husband had a great time making fun of my new way of speaking for a time, until the freezing finally wore off!


The first two cards I have for you, I created using this week's sketch from Card Patterns. It's an incredibly versatile sketch, and I had to stop myself from making all of today's cards with it!

The thing I love most about this set is the ability to stamp my own patterns. I was intending to use this week's challenge to go *out* of that comfort zone, but time restraints got in my way...


I used distress inks to stamp a subtle pattern in the bottom right corner of the first card. I love using Ocean Tides with Rustic Cream... such a beautiful combo. And I could use that Woodgrain impression plate on every project!


Again, I stamped my own pattern, also using the Card Pattern sketch as my jumping off point. I love how easily patterns come together when I sit down with these images!

Normally I would have done a third all-occasion card, and I had all kinds of plans to use the cameo image in the set, but like I said - the dentist ran long. So I gave up the third every day card so I could stamp this holiday idea I had in mind...


I wanted to use the Woodgrain plate again, but thought it might be a bit repetitive, so I used a Sizzix folder that I have which mimics the shape of the stamp I used to create the tree:


And because the tree ended up a bit shorter than I anticipated, I added some more of the images to dress up the top a little bit, and used the star-like image as my tree topper:


I really wish I could have spent more time with this one - I had all kinds of fun sketches drawn up, but time just did not permit. Maybe I'll have to re-visit this one again!

Take care, my friends!! I will see you for Festive Friday!

Pin It

3 comments:

Jen Adcock said...

Beautiful cards. Gosh doesnt all that embossed texture look dreamy?! My favorite is the Iconic Images card impressed with the woodgrain IP. The colors are so blissful. Such wonderful work, the lot!

Leigh said...

I love Iconic Images! I just used it again yesterday-- it's such a great set! I love what you made with it, Meredith, and how creative you were with your Christmas card!

whoistracy said...

Gorgeous cards Meredith! Love the woodgrain background on the first. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...